Number of players loaded

I'm wondering whether it makes any real difference to game speed if i load 35,000+ players. I currently load 35,000 and game runs pretty quickly, even if the star rating tells me its half star in speed. Computer performance it says 2 stars. So if i loaded every league where there are a lot more players loaded, would this make the game very slow within first 10 years of the game? Or would it only really affect the speed after a considerable period of time?

I started a game recently with about 32 leagues in 12 nations running - seemed fine - then I've changed again recently and have 16 leagues from 8 nations and its about the same..., maybe a bit quicker but not much.

I'd just go with the leagues you want and see what the speeds like - I presume you want to know to start a career game and have it running - therefore you don't want it slowing down after so many seasons - might be worth posting your pc specs in the minimum specs thread and I'm sure Ishu or someone will tell you how mahy it should handle fine...but the best way is just testing yourself - depends how quick you want to get through each season I imagine.

It really depends on the PC you have, usually with more RAM you can load more players

I have a old PC and i load around 40k players and to me it runs fine, though i play mostly while browsing or watching some footie so it doesn't bother me, to most people it could be somewhat slow i suppose.

Also i think that there's a large amount of players that retire every season (even the regens that just aren't good enough for a career) so i don't think the number of players increases that much over time.

Archived