Hiring New Staff Question (I'm new here)

I've successfully mutually terminated 2 of the 3 contracts I was hoping to eliminate, but when it comes to firing my top asst. coach, I'm only given the option to (regular) terminate. How come?

Also, what happens to my budget when terminating a contract? Will it increase?

My transfer budget appears maxed out. Is this where coaches etc. are paid from? Will I be able to hire replacements?

I'm the head coach for Bromley BTW...please no spoilers!

You will not receive more money to hire staff. Your budget for staff is part of your wage budget.

Also if you just choose to terminate their contract, you will have to pay them compensation, so this will affect the club finance.

I'm also manager of Bromley in my save.

I'd recommend searching for staff with the rep of 'Obscure' as very little staff who have the rep of 'local' will join your club as they demand too high wages. Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

Why are mutually terminated staff still showing up under staff?

How can I find out how much $ I have to work with? Will different staff roles have differenr limits?

Why is a guy who suddenly was going to listen to an offer, no longer interested? I never offered anything, but i did keep opening up that window to look at potential offers etc. Does this upset the player or something?

Thanks for the info!

Why are mutually terminated staff still showing up under staff?

How can I find out how much $ I have to work with? Will different staff roles have differenr limits?

Why is a guy who suddenly was going to listen to an offer, no longer interested? I never offered anything, but i did keep opening up that window to look at potential offers etc. Does this upset the player or something?

Mutually terminated staff won't leave the club until you click continue and it moves to the next day when they have left - they don't move once you've just clicked on mutually terminated.

Go to boardroom - then finances to see your transfer and wage budgets - you can also change them by moving the slider between transfer and wage as you need - although at Bromley there won't be much to play with here. Different roles usually demand different levels of wages - with assistant managers usually earning the most. Like said before - reputation of staff also determines how much they want - you can edit searching info in the player/staff search bit to focus on the ones in your budget - at Bromley you wanna be searching for contracts that have expired.

If you've gone into negotiations with anyone - even with not making an offer - they might not want to talk to you again - doesn't matter that you didn't offer anything - leave it a bit and try again - usually works - only some get arsey like this - most are okay and don't get annoyed if you don't offer anything first time round.

You will not receive more money to hire staff. Your budget for staff is part of your wage budget.

I don't believe it is.

In your finances it comes under "Staff Wages" whereas the wage budget matches up to the players wages only.

I don't believe it is.

In your finances it comes under "Staff Wages" whereas the wage budget matches up to the players wages only.

It comes under your wage budget which the board gives you every season. I didn't say it is part of the wage expenditure each month.

Word of advice, do not click 'Walk away' if you intend to maybe offer him an offer in the next day or 2, the person you were going to offer you a contract will become annoyed with you and will not negotiate any further (I think you can negotiate again in the future with them but you have to wait 'x' number of months). Simply press the back button located at the top left of your screen.

It comes under your wage budget which the board gives you every season. I didn't say it is part of the wage expenditure each month.

On the salary tab of your finances it says:

Total player wage budget: x

Current player wage total: x

and then it lists the wage level for each squad status with a total at the bottom. This total matches the "Current player wage total" at the top and also the wage budget on the boardroom screen therefore staff wages aren't included in the wage budget.

On the salary tab of your finances it says:

Total player wage budget: x

Current player wage total: x

and then it lists the wage level for each squad status with a total at the bottom. This total matches the "Current player wage total" at the top and also the wage budget on the boardroom screen therefore staff wages aren't included in the wage budget.

My bad. Didn't know this.

if you go to the jobcentre you can place an advert looking for specific staff... the applicants are also more likely to sign for you on the wages that you can offer than those you find by searching.

If I hire a replacement first, can i still offer a mutual termination? Or, should I FL the termination first?

If you have space left for a new staff member, it isn't a problem. If you have maxed out your allowed number of coaching staff, you will have to fire staff first.

Archived