World cup winners

I'm setting up this thread for players to show off the Ultimate prize, The FIFA World Cup.

Having only won the U21's with Scotland I always wondered how many people have gone one step further.

Screen shots will be great and victorys from random nations will be excellent!

sorry, Some guy! no offense intended :)

of course i agree!

Haha! I think the most unusual I've seen was on FM08. Australia won the 2010 world cup. They just got out of their group on goal difference and then won the rest of the rounds on penalty shootouts!

Haha! I think the most unusual I've seen was on FM08. Australia won the 2010 world cup. They just got out of their group on goal difference and then won the rest of the rounds on penalty shootouts!

Very similar to the way Athletica Madrid had won the Europa league.

With my Belgium side I've got to 2 3rd places in a row, the WC after that I lost the small finale :(.

I had Morocco win it in 2014 in my current save :)

Usually it's a more standard country but not always. Spain, Turkey (over USA), and Brazil won the next ones.

It does seem that the smaller countries have a better chance in FM than they do in real life... maybe the international management AI doesn't always get a strong team together so it can be a lottery?

I've seen the USA win, but I think that was 2010 in an older version. Bit early for them to win but was good to see. England just won on mine in 2014.

I've only won with England, multiple times. The trouble is I rarely load other leagues, so when I try managing smaller nations you just don't have a reasonable pool of players to choose from. Much less any good ones. It's a bit annoying as I'd love to take a smaller nation to glory, but all my Columbian players were over 30 and not being replaced with good youngsters, same with Switzerland. In the end I had to quit both jobs, but I was having fun for a while doing something different.

Actually just looked, England won both Euro championships but Germany won the world cup, beating Switzerland in the final, who lost to England 2 years later at the euro finals! Bit unusual to see Switzerland doing so well. Also had Bahrain qualify for the world cup!

Just had a look and I can't seem to find the button to apply for any managers jobs anymore. :/

worldcupy.jpg

England, Scotland or South Korea the weirdest so far. Also still no World Cup held in England

Hmmm, not liking the pattern of the host nations. Was hoping it would mix up a lot. Obviously I doubt I'd make it that far in a game to notice anyway normally but still

Hmmm, not liking the pattern of the host nations. Was hoping it would mix up a lot. Obviously I doubt I'd make it that far in a game to notice anyway normally but still

I think it has something to do with the size of the stadiums.

• 4 weeks later...

on my psv save i had 5 awesome mexican regens, so i took the mexico job and i cruised the qualifiers, and cruised all the way to the final to face italy, was 2-0 up, ended up losing on penalties... my only go at international management so far on this fm

Won the world cup with a fairly poor England side after winning the Euros previously. I'm still there as I want to make England a really good side using regens at my club, but I was tempted when the Italy job became available as half of their first team plays for me :p

Archived