[iPhone] Bishop's Stortford Road to the Premiere League

I started my current game with Hartlepool eventually reaching EPL. I then decided to go down to the BSP and take over Bishop's. First season was tough, no players no funds and I struggled to bring in regens. Finished the first season 12th. Start of my second season I gambled with the board to gain some more money for wages, and stated I would win the league. I managed to bring in a few regens and some players verging on retirement, and finished that season loosing in play-offs. The board stuck with me though and hit the 3rd season with a little more money for wages and with a better reputation, this got me a number of good regens which resulted in me winning the league by 1 point to Southend.

Now to League 2, half way through the season, some amazing regens and the results below, I havn't restarted any games and have no unlockables on apart from "no work permits".

img0227.png

As you can see my regens are really doing me proud, and now the road is clear to EPL, I just hope I can hang on to my youth!

Transfers below

img0229k.png

img0228e.png

Update to follow at end of season

108 goals in 23 games? That's insane!

Honestly, I thought I would struggle with the move upto League 2, I should have more faith with my regens :D

Im really looking forward to the end of the season goal tally.

As a side note for anyone interested Im playing a 4-4-2 Diamond. 2 Adf forwards 1 Deep Lying Mid, 2 Wingers. Attacking Metality, Pressing Yes

So very attack oriented

*also to add I am not completely unbeatable, lost out in League Cup 2nd round and Fa-Cup 3rd round

End of the season, ran out clear winners with the mighty Brentford denting my perfect season with a 1-0 win against the mighty Bishop's!

img0230.png

League 1 will be interesting, as I have alot of interest from EPL and European teams for my League 2 winning players. Hopefully I can keep the wolves at bay

That's funny - Bishop's Stortford are fairly local to me. I've been to their ground a couple of times and once saw a Spurs XI draw 4-4 with them (Gary Doherty played in defence for us - the only senior Spurs player in the side that day and was ripped to pieces by the Stortford attackers!).

I've have been using that tactic since buying FMH12 when it first came out. I've had nothing but success with it.

I was looking for a newly promoted BSP team to take up, I think my plan is to get them to the Prem then go back down and take another team up. My 30 year goal is to populate the Prem with teams you would never see there.

So far I have Hartlepool and Burnley challenging for Europe, and soon Bishop's

But I'll drop it all if Harrogate get promoted ;)

I was looking for a newly promoted BSP team to take up, I think my plan is to get them to the Prem then go back down and take another team up. My 30 year goal is to populate the Prem with teams you would never see there.

So far I have Hartlepool and Burnley challenging for Europe, and soon Bishop's

But I'll drop it all if Harrogate get promoted ;)

:D :D

I always find that I lose my mojo when I join a new club... I prefer to stay with the same team for years and years...

by the way when is the best time to strike to get the free regens? is there a particular time of year that you can sign them?

When you get messages about players retiring. Normally between the end and the beginning of a season, but sometimes mid-season. You can try to shortlist some very old famous players, and you should get a message when they're retiring. After that, check the 'player search' every other day, sorting the players by age.

Between July - Sept you'll have regens, search for 0-21 expired, occasionally as rafa said mid season. Also not every regen comes in with no contract, some regen with a 1 year deal, so around Jan/Feb search for 0-21 expiring. If you select interested you wont have much interest. Generally regens are on 1-2k wages, if you offer a contract and they state they dont think you can offer them what they want offer them 10x the wage (if available) so e,g currently earning 1k offer 10k.

When you get messages about players retiring. Normally between the end and the beginning of a season, but sometimes mid-season. You can try to shortlist some very old famous players, and you should get a message when they're retiring. After that, check the 'player search' every other day, sorting the players by age.

good idea - any tips on which players retire first?

good idea - any tips on which players retire first?

It changes, depending on how they're performing. Try to search players, filter the list to show only players with more than 30. Than order the results by age and go to the last pages to see the oldest ones. In addition, sorting the players by caps is a good way of spotting the ones that had a great career and probably will re-spawn into great regens.

And always remember to de-select "interested players only" on the filter settings :)

Chris you are a managerial deity mate!

I wish I had the ambition to do this - once my team are mainly regens I lose all passion as I know players don't hold any weight in the real world so I can't have an opinion of them!

Not a problem that the game can overcome, as I do like starting over, but each time my legacy is lost!

If I am honest I used to be the same, would start a game with the likes of Man U just to win everything etc, then I decide to start a bit lower and took Burnley to the best team in the world over a 30 year career. Now I relish the challenge. I sit her with my fingers crossed that FMHi2012 will have BSQn & BSQs so I can really start at the bottom with nothing and work my way up.

As to being a managerial deity...

I think I'm good at this game, but I think thats actually from learning about the game, through both community and official forums, testing strategies, introducing my own pollicies in game etc

I can honestly say you can take a BSP team to the winning BPL and Champ league by spending no money at all (aside from obligatory fees when getting free players).

Infact...that sounds like my next game :D

Anyone care to recomend a team and i'll see if it is possible

• 4 weeks later...

year was 2024 when I won the premiere league with Bishops, due to the forum outage ive decided not to flood the pages with updates so will start a new career shortly, not sure on the team but will aim for premier league title from BSP by only signing free transfers.

Archived