Season since update

Just about finished an entire new season since the update and talk about a season of two halves. Normally, in the first half of the season, I'll lose 3-4 games, then get very consistent and only lose 1-2 in the second half. My team had won the league 5 years on the run until last season when a ridiculous defeat at Stoke robbed us of the title (yes I'm still seething about it). So anyway, to the new season and a couple of new players to the squad as usual. This time, the first half of the season was a horror show. After 19 games it was 9W-3D-6L. While a couple of those defeat were to my main challengers - Man City and Chelsea, the other 4 were random ones where I dominated the entire game in posession and shots but lost 0-1. City were also bent on hoovering up every top quality player they could find. At this point Chelsea had only lost 1 game and City hadn't lost at all. Talk about an uphill struggle.

However, the second half consistency then set in and we went unbeaten in the league all the way to end, winning 17 and drawing 2, including winning the last 11 straight to overcome a 10 point deficit and finish ahead by 9. What was noticeable was that we had played more away games in the first half of the season than the other teams so had lots of home fixtures in the second half. Over the season home form for the top three was outstanding while away form was only average (my team then excepted since we didn't lose again). City and Chelsea both ended up with 5 defeats - all away. Three teams went unbeaten at home all season whereas only 4 teams won more away than they lost. Is the home team form too heavily weighted? Just a thought. Obviously need to play a few more seasons, but this one was very unbalanced, going from 9W-3D-6L to 17W-2D-0L with no change of personnel in January.

Archived