Bamble's new and improved OOTP Baseball style League for FM08!!

Hi All,

THE BASICS

1) There will be a limit of 15 Managers with preference given to those who were around at the end of my last sign up.

2) The Top Leagues from these countries will be used:- England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland.

3) Each player will be alloted a team in 1 of the 5 Leagues chosen, to be decided on a random draw.

4) I will make the save game file available at points throughout the game (at the very least at least once in every month of game time).

5) At anytime the owner of each team will email me the things they would like doing - I.E. Change formation, bid on a player/staff member, transfer list someone, etc. you get the picture!!

6) If anyone gets sacked from their club, then I will assign them to any club that is available or next comes available within the game.

Right, I'll make other rules and regs up as we come across them, unless people can think of anything else that might crop up!!

Oh and by the way I want in as well!! As you all know by last years effort, I will not cheat to further my own ends as I just enjoy playing the game and taking part!! icon_wink.gif With this in mind I will let you decide which team I take and in which League.

Details required are as follows:-

Name (first and Surname)

D.O.B.

Nationality (limited to one each this time)

I know it sounds like an online League, without the Online bit, but this way it stops any cheating as you'll have someone to moderate it!!

Also, I don't want any comments like "When is this going to start" or I'll boot you out. icon_razz.gif Basically it will start next Monday, got that, next Monday. No time specified at present as I haven't even bought the game yet, but will be doing so on Monday.

Once I have loaded up everyone's details and alloted them a team I will require the following for you to be able to continue:-

A) .tacs file with your tactics you wish to use.

B) A team sheet exactly like last years with 1st to 3rd choice selections for EACH position.

C) Any transfers you would like to make.

D) Anything else you can think of that I may have forgotten. icon_cool.gif

I will guarantee that I have time put aside for at least 2/3 lots of updates each week for you and that is my committment. I can also guarantee that I won't be running updates every day like I used to do.

One last thing, as we are having 5 countries and 15 Managers do we want to limit it to 3 Managers per Country or just randomise?? Or do you want to cut it down to 3 Countries with 5 Managers?? Either or will suit me. If it's 3 Countries, they will be England, Italy and Spain.

So get posting with your interest and details and let me know which way you want to do it and who you'd like me to be (if Blackburn is chosen that would be sweet!! :hinticon_smile.gif.

Bamble.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

THE BASICS

1) There will be a limit of 15 Managers with preference given to those who were around at the end of my last sign up.

2) The Top Leagues from these countries will be used:- England, Italy, Spain, Germany, Holland.

3) Each player will be alloted a team in 1 of the 5 Leagues chosen, to be decided on a random draw.

4) I will make the save game file available at points throughout the game (at the very least at least once in every month of game time).

5) At anytime the owner of each team will email me the things they would like doing - I.E. Change formation, bid on a player/staff member, transfer list someone, etc. you get the picture!!

6) If anyone gets sacked from their club, then I will assign them to any club that is available or next comes available within the game.

Right, I'll make other rules and regs up as we come across them, unless people can think of anything else that might crop up!!

Oh and by the way I want in as well!! As you all know by last years effort, I will not cheat to further my own ends as I just enjoy playing the game and taking part!! icon_wink.gif With this in mind I will let you decide which team I take and in which League.

Details required are as follows:-

Name (first and Surname)

D.O.B.

Nationality (limited to one each this time)

I know it sounds like an online League, without the Online bit, but this way it stops any cheating as you'll have someone to moderate it!!

Also, I don't want any comments like "When is this going to start" or I'll boot you out. icon_razz.gif Basically it will start next Monday, got that, next Monday. No time specified at present as I haven't even bought the game yet, but will be doing so on Monday.

Once I have loaded up everyone's details and alloted them a team I will require the following for you to be able to continue:-

A) .tacs file with your tactics you wish to use.

B) A team sheet exactly like last years with 1st to 3rd choice selections for EACH position.

C) Any transfers you would like to make.

D) Anything else you can think of that I may have forgotten. icon_cool.gif

I will guarantee that I have time put aside for at least 2/3 lots of updates each week for you and that is my committment. I can also guarantee that I won't be running updates every day like I used to do.

One last thing, as we are having 5 countries and 15 Managers do we want to limit it to 3 Managers per Country or just randomise?? Or do you want to cut it down to 3 Countries with 5 Managers?? Either or will suit me. If it's 3 Countries, they will be England, Italy and Spain.

So get posting with your interest and details and let me know which way you want to do it and who you'd like me to be (if Blackburn is chosen that would be sweet!! :hinticon_smile.gif.

Bamble.

What does everyone want to do 3 Leagues with 5 in each or 5 Leagues with 3 in each??

I thought I'd do it that way this time to get more European participation between teams.

Golden - yeh mate no probs when ever you get the game let me know and I'll stick you in.

Aaberdeenn - yep, considered a regular (I suppose!! icon_wink.gif ).

I was thinking that if it was 5 Leagues with 3 teams in each actually making it the Top 3 in each Country so European footy was on the cards for everyone, so for example:-

England

--------

Arsenal

Man Utd

Chelsea

Spain

------

Real madrid

Barcelona

Valencia

Italy

------

Inter Milan

AC Milan

Juventus

You get the picture. What does everyone think of that or would pure random teams for everyone from any of the Divisions sound better????

Oh, forgot to mention to that there will be some changes coming direct from FIFA very shortly (tomorrow I believe my source said) with regards to Squad sizes and transfer restrictions. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Aaberdeenn - yep, considered a regular (I suppose!!). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ yay.

Regarding the leagues I wouldn't mind tbh.

With 5 leagues there'd be more scope for Europe but with 3 leagues you'd get a more competitive league.

Either way would be fine imo, so I'll leave it to the rest of them. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Aaberdeenn - yep, considered a regular (I suppose!!). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/ yay.

Regarding the leagues I wouldn't mind tbh.

With 5 leagues there'd be more scope for Europe but with 3 leagues you'd get a more competitive league.

Either way would be fine imo, so I'll leave it to the rest of them. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And if no decision can be reached then I'd say just go with the original plan of the random teams, that way it's 100% fair so no-one can complain. icon_wink.gif

Name: Sercan Cali

DOB: 28/05/86

Nationality: Turkish

I wasn't in your last game but I regretted missing it tbh. If it's k with you, I want to be a part of it this time. And for the leagues my vote goes to 3 teams in 5 leagues.

i wasnt in your last game either, but really thought it was interesting. problem is i dont have 08, so 07 tac files wont be valid right? cant i just show you a screen of what i want? im sorry. if this makes me ineligible then just my luck. or some other user could help me. really sorry.

If you can't send .tac files screenies will be fine.

Me being me, I couldn't wait until Monday to get the game and have got it today. icon_biggrin.gif

I was thinking of downloading the BETA patch, but looking at the "flaws" that it adds to the game I think I'll start a game without it and wait for the "official" 1st patch to come out.

If everyone could email me at:-

chrisbamb@googlemail.com

I will start adding people and let you know which team you have. I've decided to go with 5 Leagues with 3 teams in each. The Leagues will be:-

England

Italy

Spain

Germany

Holland

I will also leave my team selection until last so I'll end up with whatever League is left. The draw will be random as I thought last years game was much more entertaining with people doing lesser teams as well.

My thoughts on Squad/Transfer restrictions are not going to go ahead after all (so no announcement from FIFA, I'm afraid!! icon_wink.gif ). I was going to restrict 1st Team Squads to 25 players maximum and restrict transfers to 5 1st team players (Squad size permitting) and 5 U18's players per transfer window just to speed up processing time for myself as time will be restricted on updates this time around. However, that would actually give the PC teams the edge so I've decided against it.

By my reckoning we have 10 players at the moment. So I'll start loading names up and issuing teams that way you can get working on your tactics/team sheets/transfers/coaching over the weekend.

Also would like the following point to be raised as well:-

TRANSFERS BETWEEN HUMAN TEAMS

Like last years effort, PLEASE do these via Email/MSN between yourselves. DO NOT clog up the Thread or try and use me as a go between. The more time I get to process the game the better the Thread will go. Once a deal is struck, I will need BOTH parties to confirm the deal to me for it to get processed. Also, if any trade is deemed to be unfair or one team gets an edge (I.E. Collusion) I will veto the deal or pass the deal open to the rest of the Group to pass judgement as to whether or not it goes ahead.

I may also extend it past 15 players if I do get more interest, but no more than 20 so we may end up with 4 players in each League. icon14.gif

All that remains to say is roll on people getting info to me and starting this off as I'm raring to go.

Right, just spent last couple of hours getting my version of the game up to date as possible.

I've added the following:-

Logos for all 5 nations

Kits and facepacks for English Premier League

Only thing I'm missing (I think) are:-

Facepacks for Italian, German and Dutch League. Had a good search around but couldn't really find anything for those in one complete pack. Can pick up the odd team here and there but that's about it.

Here we go so far, I'll just post everyone's teams on here, will save time that way.

Once you know what your team is, please send the following:-

Tactics - preferably a .TAC file which I can just download straight away or a screenie of how you would like your tactics to look like, or even a written version. I.E. move attacking 3 clicks right, etc. Include any Captains, Penalty takers, etc.

Coaching - Do you want to set your coaching up or leave it to the auto button. I.E. Which coach do you want to coach each section.

Transfer Bids, etc. - Who do you want to bid for, who do you want to sell, etc. REMEMBER ANY PLAYER ON A HUMAN TEAM HAS TO BE DONE VIA THEM NOT ME.

Team sheet - Let me know who you would like to play. Do it in this format:-

GK

---

1st choice -

2nd choice -

3rd choice -

LB

---

1st choice -

2nd choice -

You get the picture, I need this for EACH AND EVERY position. This way if your first choice isn't playing then I can put your 2nd choice in and then your 3rd choice after that. Makes life easier. icon_wink.gif

TRANSFER BIDS

I would like these to be sent to me via email and not posted on here and done as such:-

Example

--------

Dirk Kuyt - Please bid 5 million. I would like to go as high as 8.5 million as my maximum. Please increase my bid by 0.5 million each time it gets rejected until they accept. If they don't accept at 8.5 million then please wait further instructions. Another way would be:-

Dirk Kuyt - Start 5 mill, increase by 0.5 up to max of 8.5 mill.

SPECIAL NOTE

Any body who doesn't provide me with the information required will go onto the Assistant manager running the team. If after 2 weeks I still haven't had anything then that player will be removed from the game. Same goes with regular season play once we get under way. Please try to at least have a post every 2 weeks or contact me in some way or another to let me know you can't post (I.E. Holiday, family time, etc) then I can at least make exceptions for you. If no word is heard then removal from the game after 2 weeks will follow.

I think that's all I need to do for now. Will still wait until Monday and see what other takers we get and will then also issue my team. Cheers.

Damn!! It would help if I added who got who wouldn't it!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Neoc - Athletic - Spain

Alexdodo - AZ - Holland

Mark Cator - Blackburn - England

Aaberdeenn - Cottbus - Germany

Abceded - Roma - Italy

Wiss - Heerenveen - Holland

Jonny - AC Milan - Italy

5ergio - Spurs - England

Milanfan - FC Utrecht - Holland

Walcotts - Inter Milan - Italy

That's all 3 Italian and Dutch teams out already and very surprising that 3 of the big Italian names came out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

Neoc - Athletic - Spain

Alexdodo - AZ - Holland

Abceded - Roma - Italy

Jonny - AC Milan - Italy

5ergio - Spurs - England

That's all 3 Italian and Dutch teams out already and very surprising that 3 of the big Italian names came out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blackburn icon_frown.gif

Will bring the title back to Ewood Park icon_cool.gif

Hey Golden nice to see you back mate. Team is being chosen.

James - I have the game straight out the box with no updates. Just got facepaks and logo's etc. added, so if you have the game team should be same as when started.

Neoc - The original idea was to stay with the team until relegated or sacked which ever comes first in your case!! icon_biggrin.gif The idea after that was to give you any teams that were available (I.E. no managers) at that time.

Just noticed actually. At the start there it gives you the Boards expectations and some of you have to reply to it depending on what you think you can do. New feature, I presume??

I'll post what everyone's is and you can tell me if you want to confirm it or higher or lower it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Birdy!! - Wondered were you were.

Not good I'm afraid - Bielefield - Germany </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't on yesterday, glad I caught this before all the places went!

Ooh, tough one. Me and Jamsie in Germany icon_cool.gif

Expectations:-

Athletic - Avoid relegation

AZ - Title Challengers

Blackburn - Mid table

Cottbuss - Avoid relegation

Roma - Continental Qualification

Heerenveen - Continental Qualification

AC Milan - Title Challengers

Spurs - Top half finish

FC - Utrecht - Top half finish

Inter Milan - no choice, you just need to Win the Title!!

Newcastle - mid table finish

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">James - I have the game straight out the box with no updates. Just got facepaks and logo's etc. added, so if you have the game team should be same as when started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you just have the top league from each of the 5 countries loaded?

Size of Database?

And having the beta patch shouldn't have any effect I hope as I have that installed?

I'm just eager to get a head start over the weekend. icon_biggrin.gif

No Beta patch installed which should be fine with yours as when you do download the saved game it will put that version into the same version I have for that game only (if that makes sense!!).

Medium Database

Just top Divisions in each League loaded.

I know what you mean, now I'm here, I want to get started. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chrisbamb:

No Beta patch installed which should be fine with yours as when you do download the saved game it will put that version into the same version I have for that game only (if that makes sense!!).

Medium Database

Just top Divisions in each League loaded.

I know what you mean, now I'm here, I want to get started. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, thanks for all that. icon14.gif

Now lets get sorting out this team for a relegation battle. It could be a long, long season. icon_wink.gif

Neoc - Athletic - Spain

Alexdodo - AZ - Holland

Abceded - Roma - Italy

Jonny - AC Milan - Italy

5ergio - Spurs - England

That's all 3 Italian and Dutch teams out already and very surprising that 3 of the big Italian names came out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm Heerenveen, really didn't want to manage in Holland but they have Alfonso Alves icon_wink.gif.

Continental Qualification? Already in the UEFA Cup iirc so better get there again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisla_krakow:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonny Kaufman:

Ac Milan icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could have at least fixed his draw Bambi icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be nice to see him crash and burn. icon_cool.gif

Archived