Greatest Ever Comeback

When I was managing Bishop's Stortford and got into the Conference / Blue Square Premier, my Under 19 team played Colchester Under 19s (and I was in charge of my Under 19s as I wanted to try out the players instead of let an assistant chose players I thought had no future).

Anyway, half time and we were 7-0 down. To be expected I suppose, Colchester had made almost made it the Premiership and I was a lowly Conference team. I told the kids to play better after half time. They did, scoring 7 goals! Unfortunately, Colchester also scored 2 so we lost 9-7, but what a game!

that's good considering it's 4 goals in short time. But from 0-6 down to 6-6 is intersting one ( which teams ? )

for me, I managed Eindhovn (Holland D2) .. there were a lot of good comebacks in one season .. 2-3 goals down into wins or draws with 3-3 , 4-3 etc ... and most of these goals in last 15 mins .. but it was around 5 months ago ..

I had a topsy-turvy match yesterday. I was 3-0 down at half time against Middlesbrough, got it back to 3-3. Then they scored to take a 4-3 lead before I went on to win 5-4 with a stoppage time penalty.

It was quite emotional, to say the least!

Archived