Selling one of your best players for as much as possible

marcelouv.jpg

I signed this lad a few seasons a go for £12 million and recently his value has gone up to £19.25 million. I think he could be easily replaced for around £10 million as there tends to be loads and loads of quality central midfield regens come 2020. My club only has a stadium of 14k until the board build a new one, they are still in the planning stage which will take another 2 and a half seasons. As a result of this we are losing money due to paying £1 million a week in wages. So I am wondering when is the best time to maximise what I can get for him? Do I wait a season or two until he is at his peak or offer him out now. How do you decide when to cash in on one of your better players?

I signed Ramsey for £4 million and sold him for £22.5 million a few seasons later I like to make some big profits on the players if I can replace them.

personally if i was going to sell him i would do it now, he is still young enough to be highly sought after by all the big clubs.

Generally my rule is if i plan on doing what your doing 23-24 is the age i sell, if i keep them past that age they are a keeper till they retire hopefully

How do you decide when to cash in on one of your better players?

When he turns 29 and when I believe someone else can do his job better (i.e fits the tactic better, not necessarily ability). Also if he breaks my wage budget max limit, whatever it is at the time, and he is not irreplacable.

It's 2019 at the moment and I do not want to pay any player more than 90k a week, I think he will want more than that once his contract needs renewing. I am not desperate to sell but if he can be replaced for half the amount I can sell him for then that makes good financial sense.

His stats are pretty low, wait for him to increase them. Let's say 0.7 assists per game, or close to that. And his overall rating close to 7.6 then transfer list him and you can probably sell that lad off for 40m

His stats are pretty low, wait for him to increase them. Let's say 0.7 assists per game, or close to that. And his overall rating close to 7.6 then transfer list him and you can probably sell that lad off for 40m

The AI doesn't look at stats.

I saved and offered him out and Man City bid £38.5 million not sure I would sell to someone in my league especially as they are 7 points ahead in the league after only 15 games. I wish Real Madrid or Barcelona would show an interest.

The AI doesn't look at stats.

This could be true, but when a player plays well, they want to sign him. So obviously they at least look at the match ratings and 7.3 isn't enough for a big sale for a player of that calibre.

I just sold my keeper. 25, won European Keeper of the Year 3 years running and was valued at £10 mil. Managed to get a heap of offers around the £22-26 mil mark. The best was from Sampdoria for £26.5 and 50% of next sale! Barcelona, Real and Man City are still all sniffing around, have ageing keepers and most importantly a heap of cash too. Hopefully he'll have a good season or two with them and then someone will come in with the megabucks for him and I'll get another little payday!

Why did I sell him? Because there was a young keeper I signed that was a better all round keeper. The guy I sold could marshal a defence, but wasn't a great shot stopper. Well, not a great shot stopper for the money he was worth at least.

I just sold my keeper. 25, won European Keeper of the Year 3 years running and was valued at £10 mil. Managed to get a heap of offers around the £22-26 mil mark. The best was from Sampdoria for £26.5 and 50% of next sale! Barcelona, Real and Man City are still all sniffing around, have ageing keepers and most importantly a heap of cash too. Hopefully he'll have a good season or two with them and then someone will come in with the megabucks for him and I'll get another little payday!

Hopefully after a season or two they stick him in the reserves and you come around and pick him up for peanuts.

I had my (and england's) star striker the subject of a £59m bid from Arsenal, he was 22 at the time, leading goalscorer (this is January) and was vauled at £35m... I didn't want to accept, but he only has natural fitness of 9, so i thought i could get them up to about £65m, but they turned it down. I didn't want to sell him, but i could have bought 2 strikers and the winger i needed for that. I don't like selling players anyway.

I seem to do well when it comes to getting big fees for my players. I just go a combined £74m for 4 players that had 40 starts between them for me last season.

Gustavo Moron i signed 2 seasons ago for £3.8, loaned him out to Sporting where he got 9 goals in 27 games, then sold him for £8m. He's only 19 and has good potential, but isn't as good as the youngsters i already have in his position.

Yves Yarry was a player i wanted to keep. Paid £12.5m for him 3 seasons ago when he was 18. Loaned him out to Newcastle where he scored 19 PL goals in 32 apps. He made 14 starts last season and 10 apps from the bench scoring 12 goals for me. Will be a great striker but only had a year left on his contract and wouldn't sign unless i gave him a £14m minimum fee release clause (he was worth £8m and had loads of teams interested, so if i offered him the contract, someone would no doubt have paid £14m for him.) I offered him out for £25m. Had about 14 bids worth around £18m and 2 bids from Bayern and oil rich Frosinone for £25m cash upfront. So a good deal all things considered. Bayern must have been desperate because he went from 50k/60k a week with me, to 150k at Bayern with a 'match highest earner' clause!

Nicolo Diamante. Signed him for £3m. First season at 17/18 i loaned him out to Getafe where he got 22 league goals and 29 goals in all comps. Has been back up for me ever since (he has had chances and not taken them.) Great Physical stats, half decent mental and technical stats.

Allessandro Marcello. Very good player but quite simply, i have 2 better left wingers already in the squad.

So all in all £74m for 4 players that only made 40 starts between them last year! Not bad going. If anyone wants to see any screenies of the players attributes just let me know.

transfersout.jpg

That centreback looks amazing, although I probably would have sold for that price at that age. He'll be a good signing for Barcelona, but I'd rather have the money there.

I remember once turning down a massive over for Zhirkov (FM08 I think, when he was amazing from CSKA), because he got World Player of the year or something. Then got Messi and regretted not selling Zhirkov, but eventually sold him for a slightly smaller, but still pretty big sum.

Hopefully after a season or two they stick him in the reserves and you come around and pick him up for peanuts.

I didn't really sell him cause I needed money, I sold him because I wasn't going to play him myself as I'm giving the gloves over to an 18 year old. I'm hoping he does the buisness for them and Barcelona or Real come in with £50 mil+ for him so I can get a second nice payday!

I didn't really sell him cause I needed money, I sold him because I wasn't going to play him myself as I'm giving the gloves over to an 18 year old. I'm hoping he does the buisness for them and Barcelona or Real come in with £50 mil+ for him so I can get a second nice payday!

Yea, I can read. Obviously after getting him back you would flog him again, thus ensure you get paid for him more than once even if Real doesn't come in for him for 50 mil.

Archived