An offer you can not refuse

I'm infuriated by players who aren't willing to even talk about a contract for a transfer to my club. I think this is quite ridiculous at some level. For example, I'm Galatasaray, dominating Turkey for the past 3 seasons and this friggin regen from a lower club won't even consider an offer. I'm willing to pay this young lad a million pounds per annum but he's got no idea. So I think we should be able to offer a contract even if they say that they aren't interested, because money IS interesting and if we've got lots of it, we can make these guys quite interested too.

I don't think so, we see quite unexpected transfers happen with lots of money offered, so I think the game should let us. I even signed an icon player of my fierce rivals Fenerbahçe. Thinking in real life terms, an 18 year old who doesn't even support a team would accept a huge offer from the most successful club of the country

Even if someone wouldn't entertain a move, we should still be allowed to offer a contract. Nothing on this game has infuriated me more than agreeing a price, then trying to talk to the player and have them say 'No, not talking to you'. I don't care if he rejects the contract, but I've agreed a deal with the club in order to get the right to offer the player a contract so I should be able to do so.

I agree with what you're saying - in real life, money dictates a lot more than it does in the game. Just look at the number of players going to the UAE, Ukraine and the likes. I very much doubt they'd even think about it if they weren't getting paid large sums of money, but the game doesn't consider this.

Of course, there's a fine line between having finance having a strong effect on player signings and being able to literally buy anyone by offering big contracts. Loyalty, preference and ambition should also come into consideration, along with a few more aspects.

I don't mind that the player outrightly states he has no interest in the transfer as it saves time waiting to be inevitably told he has turned down the offer two weeks later.

However I do mind when players inexplicably have no interest in talking to you.

The game should explain why.

For example:

Player X has no interest in talking to you as he is loyal to his club.

Player Y has no interest in talking to you as he does not wish to play at that level.

Player Z has no interest in talking to you as the club's facilities are poor.

Although I'm not convinced there is this level of reasoning behind players' lack of interests.

i just started a united save and had a bod accepted by blackburn for phil jones and he doesnt wantto talk to me.

That can happen at the very start, I had Jordan Henderson refuse to speak to my Barcelona side.

I don't mind that the player outrightly states he has no interest in the transfer as it saves time waiting to be inevitably told he has turned down the offer two weeks later.

However I do mind when players inexplicably have no interest in talking to you.

The game should explain why.

For example:

Player X has no interest in talking to you as he is loyal to his club.

Player Y has no interest in talking to you as he does not wish to play at that level.

Player Z has no interest in talking to you as the club's facilities are poor.

Although I'm not convinced there is this level of reasoning behind players' lack of interests.

I've seen a player reject a contract for this reason...

If your scouts say that the player wouldn't be interested in joining you then it's your own fault if he won't discuss terms however, I have seen it where my scouts say that he would be "extremely interested in joining our club" only for his agent to tell me that he isn't interested in discussing terms... OK if this was one scout but several, surely they can't ALL be wrong? (I always scout players multiple times before signing/attempting to sign them)

So if the former, your fault, if the latter... sort it out SI! :thup:

Archived