Help!! No home grown players for champions league

Given I spend alot of time in the lower leagues I've made an error of not having any home grown players trained by my club for my 1st scurry into the champions league for a few years! I only have 1 player trained in the past 3 years by the club.... What can I do about it? Any suggestions people?

Thanks

Mike

Go on holiday at the registration day and the AssMan will find a way

Don't do this. By doing this you run the risk of your assman not selecting players that you want in the squad.

leave a few spaces empty

Do this. You need to leave one space free for every HG player you are short. So if you have one HG player you will have to leave 7 places free (1+7=8) therefore you can only register 18 players (assuming you register your HG player, otherwise 17). Remember you can use U-21 players without having to register them.

• Administrators

Yep, in real life Chelsea did this a couple of seasons back as they did not have enough, always leave a space. Every gap counts as a 'homegrown' player.

To be honest it's poorly worded.

The way it reads is that you need 4 HG and 8 Playing in the country.

The reality is that you are allowed no more than 17 foreigners. Same goes for Prem registration.

To be honest it's poorly worded.

The way it reads is that you need 4 HG and 8 Playing in the country.

The reality is that you are allowed no more than 17 foreigners. Same goes for Prem registration.

No its nothing to do with foreigners. Fabregas is a 'foreigner' but is HG for Arsenal and would also be classed as one of the 8 Playing in the country if he ever moved to another English club.

The player, regardless of nationality, needs to be owned by your club for 3 years before the age of 21 to be classed as HG for YOUR club.

Its really not that hard to get your head around.

Archived