Agent relationships

Been playing the game for 8 seasons now. I have not noticed any relationships with an Agent. Is it possible in the game, how do you do it and what comments come up once it is achieved.

I find this new "feature" to be weak, underdeveloped, and really not useful. I understand that agents are part of the game and come with different personalities and motivations, but I've found no use in the individual agents or forging relationships with them. There are too many other important considerations when contracting with a new player than just who is agent is.

I find this new "feature" to be weak, underdeveloped, and really not useful. I understand that agents are part of the game and come with different personalities and motivations, but I've found no use in the individual agents or forging relationships with them. There are too many other important considerations when contracting with a new player than just who is agent is.

Exactly what I thought. I beleived this feature would be better where the agent can hate you and strike a harder bargain with you if you not on his favourite list

Not entirely true Dankrzyz, The thing with agents i have found is that the more they like or respect you (the more favourable the relationship) they will be easier to negotiate with, ie lower demands for sign on fees and such. Not sure how your relationships with them deteriorate but you can definately improve the relation by having an offer for a player they represent accepted and then successfully agreeing signing terms with the player, even if you cancel the transfer at the confirmation point you will still gain favour with the agent.

Exactly what I thought. I beleived this feature would be better where the agent can hate you and strike a harder bargain with you if you not on his favourite list

This is exactly what happens. To prove this, pick any player who would sign for you and offer him a contract, once he accepts get to the point where the club has to confirm the transfer and select cancel, do this over a few times and you will notice the sign on terms are lowered and the agents relationship with you improves.

This is exactly what happens. To prove this, pick any player who would sign for you and offer him a contract, once he accepts get to the point where the club has to confirm the transfer and select cancel, do this over a few times and you will notice the sign on terms are lowered and the agents relationship with you improves.

That is a bit backward to me. Surely if you keep cancelling the transfer surely the agent will get more annoyed with you for messing him about and should charge you more for wasting his time

That is a bit backward to me. Surely if you keep cancelling the transfer surely the agent will get more annoyed with you for messing him about and should charge you more for wasting his time

I was explaining how you can test for yourself how the relationship changes and the effect that change has.

I was explaining how you can test for yourself how the relationship changes and the effect that change has.

I appreciate that it is a test but still cannot understand why the agent would have a more favourable relationship if you keep cancelling the transfers in the game. To me it would be like I said they should get more annoyed. It may be that some people in the game have cancelled alot of transfers and the agent has become more favourable to them, it makes that part of the game a tad unrealistic as it would not happen like that in real life

I appreciate that it is a test but still cannot understand why the agent would have a more favourable relationship if you keep cancelling the transfers in the game. To me it would be like I said they should get more annoyed. It may be that some people in the game have cancelled alot of transfers and the agent has become more favourable to them, it makes that part of the game a tad unrealistic as it would not happen like that in real life

The thing that makes the agent pleased is the successful conclusion of the contract negotiations, so the more times you do this with the same agent the better, the best way to do this is as above. The programming obviously makes the agent relationship go up a notch when you agree a contract but doesnt take that away when you cancel the transfer which allows you to repeat the process over. (a bug if you like) Very obviously it would not happen like this in real life. You're original post stated that you had not noticed any relationship between you and an agent, I have shown you that there is how they can be affected and what the effect can be.

Er, I've managed to be hated by most of the agents I deal with in the space of about two seasons as I always try to screw players on terms, or enter negotiations where I'm stretching perhaps beyond my limits to try and pinch a good player.

Another way to have agents hate you is by rejecting their proposal for an improved deal for their clients when you constantly reject bids from other clubs. Most of my youngsters' agents hate me for this and when I do finally decide to offer them a contract, their wage demands are crazy. I just lower it and increase the agents' fee slightly. I've noticed that this tends to happen often with agents with very high 'willingness to tout' values.

Also, some agents could dislike you for getting them fired. Seen this a few times when I tell my older players they would make good coaches, and when they make themselves available and fire their agents a few weeks later.

Give this guy a medal please he's just spoke for me. the only part i'd change is that there is use for them but i would say the ratio is %90 to %10 in them being a hinderence more than help but i supose that's the way in real life but it has contributed to me not enjoying this years version as much as others. people say oh but they are in the game in real life so they should be here. what those people need to remember is that agents for many many years WERE in the game! if you go to offer a contract it would always be the players agent negotiating with you so they were in the game just not as affective or real but for the sake of this being a simulator i think that was for the good of the game

I think the feature has been put in at a basic level in FM11, much like the original manager comments in FM2005, and will eventually develop to a much more useful level. It would be better, though, if real life agents were included.

The feature is at a fairly basic level but it's hardly as bad and under-developed as some say.

Currently, I forget his name but the guy who represents Ruud Van Nistelrooy hates me! So though he does still enter into discussions with me (Probably because van The Man is desperate these days and still has no offers on his expiring contract), he gives me crappy terms! Ridiculously high ones, and his relationships with me says 'dislike', so I reject (walk away) and probably hates me even more now.

On the other hand, a lot of other agents like me because I like to do my business in 'swift' fashion and a few complimented me on my 'non-negotiable' take it or leave it strategy and so now when I for other players they represent, the good relationship helps.

Archived