[FM12 Idea] Club Rivalries

One thing that I would love to see introduced is that clubs can experience new rivalries between other clubs.

Currently, if you start off as a LLM and take your team all the way to the Premiership, your club still has the same rivalries it had at the start of the 10/11 season. So instead of being rivals with a team in the Premiership, your rivals are most likely still in BSS/BSN/BSP and you're most likely never to face these teams unless they have a good run in the FA Cup.

Many rivalries are determined geographicly. To a certain extent this is fine; next time you are on FM find Chorley, one of their rivals is Preston. Last season Chorley were in the Evo-Stick, Preston in the championship. However I agree if you and another team are constantly battling it out for the major honours seasons after season, it should be added.

Dynamic rivalry is suggested now for about two years constantly and I think we will see it in FM 12 given that we saw implementation of Dynamic League Reputation in FM 11.

Would love to see such a feature. As Toronto FC, I defeated Colorado the first three seasons for the MLS Cup, and beat them in the 2013/14 Champion's League. Pretty sure we'd be bitter enemies by this point!

Archived