Players being sold over your head

I know this topic comes up quite a lot on these forums so forgive me, im at QPR after a very unsuccesful stint at wigan been here a few years and last season after building a squad i thought had an outside chance of promotion and a good chance of a playoff birth it was almost all de-railed when what can only be described as a C*ock of a chairman sold petter vaagen moen on me, a phenmoninal player, this was ok as i still made the play offs and eventually the final before a shattering defeat on penalites. I was also almost pleased to see Moen go in hindsight after a poor spell he had a Notts Forest, and i was infact able to bring him back on loan just 6 months later.

Ive now had an internal takeover where ali russel (i think) rode in on a white horse like a god, accepting requests for more staff improved training and youth facilities and requests for scouting distances. But now the crunch time comes my star man darren Gibson been courted for months by West Ham, obviously i say know he's the Xavi of my side playing in a Barcelona system (unbeliveable to think i know!) and an offer of £6m quid comes in and he accepts it!! Ok i know its realistic and the selling is not what im that bothered about, but why spend millions on training and youth facilities if only to allow the club star to go for just a fraction of those prices? do the chairman here not have foesight, i could go without scouting Argentina/Brazil if it meant keeping Gibson, ok £6m so maybe i can get a replacment in i ask myself through tear filled eyes (same as last year im thinking) and what do i find, percentage of trasnsfer revenue made availible 5% WHAT :O 300k to replace the equivelent of Xavi, JESUS.

I just wish there was an option where i could say id resign or whatever, or atleast let the fans know as i got battered last year for weeks about letting Moen go, how would the press not realize alla Allan Curbishley or Alan Pardew that it was the chairman who sold the player?

Ok so thats my rant over just needed to vent my frustration :D

so has anyone else been promised the world by a chairman with great backing, before selling your starlet?

Archived