Players disobeying set pieces takers

On my last match I was awarded a penalty and a player of my squad surprised me when he grabbed the ball and took it, even though he wasn't listed as a penalty taker (and listed players where on the pitch!). Hopefully he scored and earned a hat-trick, despite his 5 on penalty taking. Anyway I would like to discipline him but there is no option in this case.

Personally I've seen players doing that in reality, but never on FM; IRL he would most likely get reprimanded by his manager. Regarding this, I think he should have asked me somehow, or there should be an option where you can give players a certain degree of freedom on set pieces; and of course I want the possibility to take disciplinary actions on rebel players, if they don't have permission to do things their way.

Anyone else has experienced something similar?

I think its a nice thing that players go and take the ball and take the penalty when they wanna make their hattrick, but its been taken a bit to far sometimes.

Like with defenders wanna make a 3rd goal, especially when the game isnt really decided yet.

In real life an attacking player would have stopped the defender and said: Get the hell outta here, no way you are taking that penalty when are at 2-2! (Especially in a Champions League final) :p

Archived