Good AssMan For BSN/BSS?

Search bar wouldnt find results, sorry.

I don't have an AssMan atm, so I can't filter unrealistic targets in the staff search, which is extremely frustrating, and the response to my adverts arent too good. Anyone know any good Ass's willing to come to a BSN team for around £120 p/w?

Filter Reputation: obscure/local, Employed: no, Staff role: assistant manager

Sort by Motivation.

Look for a guy with the most Judging Potential and Ability but who is not terrible at Determination, Discipline and Man management. Tactical knowledge, playing mentality and pressing style are also important but in BSN you'd probably have to be less pickish at these things.

Finding an assistant willing to be paid 120p/w is very difficult.

haha..found a guy I like called "Dave Mcdonald" He wanted £250 p.w. I was like, "I'm a genius, i'll offer him like a tenner a week, and then meet half way at 120. " As soon as I offered it he just left the talks. Anyone know how long it will take before I can offer him a new contract?

How 'bout Bradley Allen - a coach I usually get

I hired him in BSN. I couldn't meet his demands to employ him as AssMan, the only thing I could get him as was 1st Team Coach. Initially I wanted to offer him AssMan at the end of the season, but then I began to find better options. (Bradley is one of the coaches I just started a thread about that did a u-turn in coaching style!).

Coaches can vary quite a bit in each game but Jimmy Hunter is usually cheap and pretty good. He develops good judging abilities too.

Brendan O'Connell is now my AssMan in BSP, at £180/week. He has good tactical knowledge, motivating, judging players and man management / coaching youngsters. He isn't a particularly strong coach though.

Until I found BO'C, Joe Little and Andy Williams were both considered for AssMan too, but now they are just decent coaches for me :)

There are some pretty good and cheap AssMans out there!

In my game: Brendan O'Connell: det 12, dis 12, motiv 13 - jpa 13, jpp 15 - tact kno 12 - man man 10, work yng 15 - Rep: Local

This gives a decent (3-star) basis of coaching, pretty good scouting advice, pretty good tactical advice and pretty good team talks.

In my current game, Phil Power has awesome stats :) ... I am trying to get him to consider my team in the BSP for next season as AM (he is currently playing for me at the age of 44). But I think his stats are random, so he might not be good in your game.

The first thing I do when I come to a new club and find that the entire staff is useless (which it usually is regardless of which club I take over), is to fire them all except the ass.man. I then proceed to hire the best coaches the search option can find, and the best scouts and physios. Normally, the kind of assistant I can find after this process is a better and more reputable one than when I first came there, indicating that the club's reputation (or scouting range/knowledge also for staff) increased.

I therefore recommend setting up the staff first, then go looking for players afterwards.

Archived