Why am I underperforming so badly?

I'm just playing in the WPL, and my team has by stats mostly the best players in the league, yet I'm currently on a winless streak of 12 games, 10points in 17games and losing to the team which is bottom of the league (one place below me). Why am I unable to win? It's really annoying and demoralising.

What do you say in team talks? Sometimes constantly criticising them after not winning is even more detrimental. You have to find the good and praise them for that. Also telling your players that there is no pressure sometimes gives them a big boost.

Of course it doesn't always work. I had a striker who couldn't score for something like 25 hours. None of the praise worked. In the end I laid in to him in a press conference and he played a blinder in the next game.

Try and give them a boost in team talks and see if that works, but don't be afraid to tell the press that you're not really all that happy though.

There is a story of Galatasaray, knocking out Man Utd from the Champions League back in 96 I guess. We were down at old trafford by 2-0 and our players talked and said "what the hell, lets just play football and have fun, nobody expects anything". Then withouth the pressure, they put on a show and go ahead 2-3. The match ends 3-3 but after the game ins Istanbul, it's enough to beat them. Now I've tried that tactic in FM. I was down 2-0 at nou camp with gala again, with a poor squad compared to Barca. I told the lads to enjoy the rest of the game at half time and the game ended 2-2. I finished the group 3rd placed with 10 points, a record I guess. But the message is, telling them that there is no pressure really works

Archived