Assistance with my (hopefully) new AssMan

Playing as Bath City in the BSP, and am stuck with the no-good-nik of an AssMan I started with. There were no one else who really wanted to join my side with decent stats, and besides he had good club knowledge, so I kept him.

Now after this first season of pure success, his contract is running out. While just looking around for transfer free players, I come across a 44-year old with good (playing) mental and tech stats, and while he is as slow as a snail, I decided to offer him a contract, so he can tutor my youngsters. After he is hired as a player, I check his Staff attributes, and see that they are awesome for an AssMan on my level. His Personal tab states that he wants to be an AssMan after his career is over .... great I think.

So now I am seriously considering trying to get him on board as an AssMan or Player/AssMan. But since he just recently signed a contract, and am not willing to discuss a new one, I have no clue if he is even interested or what he would be demanding.

I am hoping that when the season is over in a few months, he will be more receptable to offers. But is there anything I can do while he is at my club as a player, to increase my chances of getting my greedy claws on him as my right-hand man?

Can I do some Private chats and hope for a good outcome, or something else??

If you think he'd make you a better assistant than your current one then first sack the person currently in place then have the chat and if he really wants to be an assistant then he should say so and this should make the contract negotiations much easier.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I am a bit wary about just firing the guy I have, in case the potential AssMan completely snubs me. But maybe I am at a point where I am going to need a much better AssMan anyways, even if I do lose all his Club Knowledge.

Archived