Coach stars

Spending hours to search for a 4.5-5 star coaches, tweaking filters a bit every time and check again etc.

Is it really important to you? Adding any depth to the game?

Would it be too easy and boring if, say, we put a filter like: "Show me all coaches with at least 4 star defending" ?

I would really love to see that...

You don't need 4.5-5* coaches.

The difference between a 3* & a 5* coach is fairly minimal. Others factors like first team football and light training load for the coaches are far more important.

Really?

Damn! All those hours! :(

So how about facilities? Having top facilities or average ones makes any difference in players' development?

Really?

Damn! All those hours! :(

So how about facilities? Having top facilities or average ones makes any difference in players' development?

I would say that has difference, but first team football is most important thing for developing youngsters.

Spending hours to search for a 4.5-5 star coaches, tweaking filters a bit every time and check again etc.

Is it really important to you? Adding any depth to the game?

Would it be too easy and boring if, say, we put a filter like: "Show me all coaches with at least 4 star defending" ?

I would really love to see that...

I am sure you can do that already in game, just search for Coaches with the attribute of Defence Coaching with atleast 15, isnt that like 3.5-4 star defending ?

Download FM coach calculator.

I don't think it should be hidden in-game how good a coach is, especially since their reputation means nothing apart from increasing the general reputation of the club. I was often disappointed to find that a coach I signed that I thought was better than one I already had actually wasn't before I got the coach calculator.

After using it a bit, you learn to spot the star rating automatically when looking at the coach stats.

It is not as simple as Determination+Motivation+Discipline 30 = 3 star, DMD 40 = 4 star and DMD 50 = 5 star, but it is not far from it. Fitness, GK, Tactics and Shooting (I think) only need that attribute + DMD to be good at their job. Ball Control, Defending and Attacking needs two attributes + DMD. But all this becomes clearer when using the coach calculator.

The coach calculator is quite good, but i dont really see the massive need for it, good performances in the first team along with good enough facilities and coaches will develop good players. I tend to sign the first coaches i come across for each area as long as they are 3 stars in the training area, then when if i want to replace them i just use their stats as a starting point.

I stick with the same coaches... I just add more when I'm allowed, many of my staff list me, my assistant and/or each other as favoured personnel. I'm pretty sure this has benefits somewhere...

OK, thanks for the suggestions guys.

The reason I made this thread is, my scouts(mostly 19~20 JPA/JPP) are finding some youngsters and giving them 4.5/5* potential, saying they will be the leading stars in EPL. But they end up 2.5~3* after 3-4 years with below average attributes.

I thought I was not good at getting the highest potential out of them.

Also one more question: All of my coaches' training load are "light". If I have even more coaches will it be better for the players' development?

Archived