Whats the best way produce a good number of top youth team players

I'm not sure but with some reason, I'm guessing that if your youth coaches have high judging pa/ca abilities, they would get better youth players. Think about it, the club makes trials every season and if your youth coaches can judge their potentials right, they would sign only the best players for the youth team.

Then again, this is just an educated guess, having good youth facilities and youth recruitment networks seem just enough :)

I'm not sure but with some reason, I'm guessing that if your youth coaches have high judging pa/ca abilities, they would get better youth players. Think about it, the club makes trials every season and if your youth coaches can judge their potentials right, they would sign only the best players for the youth team.

Then again, this is just an educated guess, having good youth facilities and youth recruitment networks seem just enough :)

i guess anyone else had lucmk with great youth coaches

i guess anyone else had lucmk with great youth coaches

I don't really think its luck because the same teams have great newgens. Inter, River, Sao Paulo, Croton Sports, Gremio seem to have the best youth. I poach from the same teams every year for the next wonderkid.

I thought youth coaches helped 'develop' the youngsters already there just like us as manager in coaching them and giving him game-time, etc. But in terms of the QUALITY of the players that comes through, I thought that's entirely based on youth facilities/club reputation etc. and not hte ability of certain staff. That doesn't seem right to me. Anybody can confirm if I'm correct or wrong?

nileppezdel, your reasoning is good and why that might be a factor in real life but I doubt that's programmed in that way in this game so I personally doubt your quality of coaches have anything to do with your quality of 'youth-intake' let alone have to do directly with their Jpa/JpP ratings.

If this was true, then you could take excellent youth academies like Barca, hire crappy coaches to run a test and see if the players that come through would be crap or not... I don't think it'd make a difference. Of course now the kids that do come through no matter what their potential have a harder time fulfilling it with crap personnel at club rather than top coaches.

Buy 3-4 good prospects every year. This is the only way you can consistently bring players through the youth system to your first team. The chance of getting a super-regen through your own youth system is extremely small, and that is what you need if it is to be worthwhile. You need 4+ star potential talents with 1 star current ability which is distributed to your liking to make world class players, and there are only a few of these popping up every year worldwide.

To answer your question more directly: Youth coaches are useless. They only work with players who are 16 years or younger, once they turn 17 they join the first team training sessions. Just sign coaches with good youth coach ratings and you will be fine. Of course, at City you can have so many coaches that you can have both a good senior and junior setup but I doubt this has any real influence on the development of players. What you need to do with your promising youngsters is to tutor them and let them play well in the youth league (build a good youth team with lots of talent), and then when they are good enough and old enough (Leading CH player and above) you let them play cup and league matches against opponents which aren't really better, so that they play above 7.0 on average (tell them No Pressure).

I think training has a massive impact as well as keeping the players match fit. i think ratings/games help, but aren't that important. i have some custom training, and i focus on areas i feel are important for there position. example could be a winger, i will have doing the absolute minimum defensive training, whereas with a centre back i will have minimum attacking. Other positions you have to be more general, but i always tend to favour either the attacking side, or defensive.

Tutoring is proven to help, providing the player has much better stats and is playing in a similar position and has the same mentality.

I have a save going with Accrington Stanley, and im in the championship and i have manage to get the odd highly rated player(prem standard max/good championship player) on frees or small fees from foreign teams and they have progressed nicely(before being poached). the facilities are below average. 5 seasons in and in my 2nd season in the championship has enabled my team balance to increase x20 in 1 1/2 years so my facilities are being improved, but in my opinion its goes:

players determination(there is hidden attributes, but i look for a ambitious/determined mentality in the personal screen/scout report)

Training schedule

Coaching talent

tutoring

facilities

rating

playing time.

just my opinion. But i have seen youth players improve greatly in a terrible reserves team.

I think training has a massive impact as well as keeping the players match fit. i think ratings/games help, but aren't that important. i have some custom training, and i focus on areas i feel are important for there position. example could be a winger, i will have doing the absolute minimum defensive training, whereas with a centre back i will have minimum attacking. Other positions you have to be more general, but i always tend to favour either the attacking side, or defensive.

Tutoring is proven to help, providing the player has much better stats and is playing in a similar position and has the same mentality.

I have a save going with Accrington Stanley, and im in the championship and i have manage to get the odd highly rated player(prem standard max/good championship player) on frees or small fees from foreign teams and they have progressed nicely(before being poached). the facilities are below average. 5 seasons in and in my 2nd season in the championship has enabled my team balance to increase x20 in 1 1/2 years so my facilities are being improved, but in my opinion its goes:

players determination(there is hidden attributes, but i look for a ambitious/determined mentality in the personal screen/scout report)

Training schedule

Coaching talent

tutoring

facilities

rating

playing time.

just my opinion. But i have seen youth players improve greatly in a terrible reserves team.

Training only re-distributes the CA points gained, it does not affect development. What does that is first team experience/match practice and the player's Determination, Professionality and Ambition attributes. As such, tutoring does not affect the CA either, not directly. What it does is increasing the abovementioned attributes so that the kid in turn will develop faster. And even as such, the Professionality (and some other hidden attributes, like Loyalty) is only indirectly affecting the rate of development as well - because when morale is low because the player is childish and has a laidback attitude to both matches and training, you can watch the red arrows come and ruin everything. A whole year's worth of training can be destroyed in just a month if those come about.

Every youngster develops. The question is: does he do so fast enough to let him have a professional career by the age of 23? In most cases, no. In a few cases, yes, and the key factor is their mentality. Bottom line is, if he has only half a blue star CA at the age of 16, he will never reach his potential of 3,5-4 stars - that is beyond the scope of development in this game (is 1 star = 40 CA points?). 5 blue stars may work, and so may half a yellow star, but it requires very good tutoring and that the attributes he already got makes him play well. One whole or more yellow stars, though, and he can easily reach his full potential if he gets 15+ determination and at least fairly professional and fairly ambitious mentalities plus at least enjoying the big matches and fairly consistent performer.

Training only re-distributes the CA points gained, it does not affect development. What does that is first team experience/match practice and the player's Determination, Professionality and Ambition attributes. As such, tutoring does not affect the CA either, not directly. What it does is increasing the abovementioned attributes so that the kid in turn will develop faster. And even as such, the Professionality (and some other hidden attributes, like Loyalty) is only indirectly affecting the rate of development as well - because when morale is low because the player is childish and has a laidback attitude to both matches and training, you can watch the red arrows come and ruin everything. A whole year's worth of training can be destroyed in just a month if those come about.

Every youngster develops. The question is: does he do so fast enough to let him have a professional career by the age of 23? In most cases, no. In a few cases, yes, and the key factor is their mentality. Bottom line is, if he has only half a blue star CA at the age of 16, he will never reach his potential of 3,5-4 stars - that is beyond the scope of development in this game (is 1 star = 40 CA points?). 5 blue stars may work, and so may half a yellow star, but it requires very good tutoring and that the attributes he already got makes him play well. One whole or more yellow stars, though, and he can easily reach his full potential if he gets 15+ determination and at least fairly professional and fairly ambitious mentalities plus at least enjoying the big matches and fairly consistent performer.

that does make alot of sense. i would like to think some players can still reach full potential at 27/28. the game always advises that different players in different positions reach there peak at certain ages. but if your looking for superstars at a young age, i guess you want a decent CA at 16/17.

I really think that actually there is nothing between ca points and stars. But if your coach or scouter have good judging abilities there is some connection between them. I have seen youngsters improving and there ca rating didnt change ( ingame ). If your clubs reputation stays the same your position and ambition from the board members stays the same then you can tell that 1star=** ca points.But clubs improve or are downgraded so 1star=1star. I hope you understood me.

Stars are relative: three current ability stars means a player is about average for your first team squad, anything higher or lower is relative to that average, so a three-star player at Man City is far superior to a three-star player at Telford.

Archived