I want to gloat ... but the game won't let me :(

Ok, so I am Bath City, and currently at the top of the BSP. Just met Wrexham, whose manager apparently doesn't like me, and thought he should mention that to the press before the game. So I replied that I expected an easy win on their grounds. Up 3-0 and cruising, but giving them two own goals made the end a bit more exciting that should have been.

So I win, and now I want to gloat ... right in Dean Saunders' face. But when I want to comment on previous match, none of the topics are active and available. So what gives?? ... why am I not allowed to dance in circles around him with an 'L'-sign on my forehead, taunting him??

It might have something to do with the fact that, after predicting an easy win, you only managed to scrape past them. Now, if you'd won 3-0, that would have been a different matter.

Also, it depends on the media prediction for the teams. If you were predicted to finish lower than them, then beating them as the weaker team gives you something to gloat about.

yeah - there could be an option - I usually wait until after the match to respond - then I say about the other manager 'although other managers think he's incompetent - I'm unsure' - this will usually get a couple of players on his team with PR next to them and a morale drop - saying they're 'concerned that the manager is not widely respected by other managers' - as close to a gloat as it gets

There are several options on that manager interaction thing that I've never seen enabled (i.e not greyed out). At any time you only get a few available while most are unusable. I don't get it why you can't use whatever comment you like. Surely it should be up to the player to decide which answers are relevant.

Well actually I had to wait two days, and one response from Mr. Saunders (an inane, "He is in over his head at Bath City", even though we are battling Crawley for the league title ... well ahead of Wrexham), then I could reply to the match.

But sadly nothing seemed to be appropriate, and specific to the match. I could do a personal attack (again), or comment on his Management Style (which seems to just be comments on transfer listed players), or Management Ability (which I ended up using, saying that Life on Mars was more likely than him winning any trophies).

So all in all a poor choice in my opinion, and the choices seem to be the same, as if I had just made a personal comment on his profile.

If I am allowed comments on the previous match, there should be choices specifically to that match. In my case it could be something like "I told you so ... Loser!", or more moderate "I know I thought it would be easy, but we were lucky to get the win in the end" etc.

It might have something to do with the fact that, after predicting an easy win, you only managed to scrape past them. Now, if you'd won 3-0, that would have been a different matter.

Also, it depends on the media prediction for the teams. If you were predicted to finish lower than them, then beating them as the weaker team gives you something to gloat about.

He was lucky they got two own goals from my defenders ;) ... but yeah maybe so. I would still like to gloat, even when unwarranted. I was after all touted as a certain relegation candidate before the season. And Skybet's match predictions are awful at times. I have played against Grimsby away, and they were sure favorites, even though they were 15th. and had a 4 game losing streak, while I was 1st. on a 6 games unbeaten run. I know they have greater reputation than me, and had it been at the start of the season, it would be ok, as I could just have lucked out. But this was after 3/4 of the season have run, so I have proved it was no fluke that I am at the top of the table.

Anyways, I don't want the engine to limit my choices, but instead gloating when I really shouldn't, should just have more severe effects. Let me be as dickish as I want, when I want :)

There are several options on that manager interaction thing that I've never seen enabled (i.e not greyed out). At any time you only get a few available while most are unusable. I don't get it why you can't use whatever comment you like. Surely it should be up to the player to decide which answers are relevant

Completely agree, very often the things that I want to say aren't available to say which isn't right, something that I would definitely like to see changed.

Coming back to this, I'm just about to play a playoff semi final, so obviously I wanted to play a few mind games ahead of this huge game towards my opposing manager, but I can't cause the 'Mind Games' comments are all greyed out!! Very annoying. Also the lack of interesting and different questions in the press conference for this massive game is annoying as well, but that's something for another thread.

Archived