Ticket prices killing the club

Currently playing FM2010 in 2030. In 2027 I took the job at Blackburn. I saw they were broke, had a 10 point deduction and were bottom of league 1. I thought it'd be a good project so I took the job about halfway through the season, stupidly thinking it'd be easy to turn them around because they were a big name club in a small league.

That season we barely won a match, most matches we were thrashed, it was like I could do nothing to stop it. The next season I rebuilt the squad with free transfers because of there being no money to spend, they were mainly 17-21 year olds. I set up about 10 friendlies with Premiership clubs just to make revenue to try and reduce the debt.

Anyway, we had a good season after a rocky start and finished 3rd, gaining atomatic promotion from League 2 back to League 1. The following season, I repeated the friendlies strategy in order to make some money and it was incredibly difficult to keep out of the red. Something that irritated me though was the ticket prices. I noticed that where most clubs were selling average season tickets for about £250, we were selling them for about £98.

I got us promoted again, we won league 1 on the final day and were promoted to the Championship. We recieved some parachute money this year and are a little better off, plus I sold one of the previous years young free transfer for 1.3 million to Newcastle.

So, we've started the season well, 2 games in, 2 wins and I felt like we were getting back to being a big(ish) club. Managed to get some really top class free transfers (including one who scored a bagful for us on loan a couple of seasons prior) and I thought, we can get some money in to the club and maybe expand the stadium.

I just went to check on the ticket prices for this season and the average is £125 with the average ticket price being £12.70. In contrast, Crewe (who went up with us last season through the playoffs) are selling average tickets for £19.50 and average season tickets for £371, nearly three times as much. And one of the larger teams in the league Leeds, are selling average tickets for £24.60 and average season tickets for £525. A whopping £400 more than ours.

I just think it's stupid, it's really difficult to make money when we're barely charging for tickets. And from what I can tell, there's nothing I can do to increase the prices. Does anyone know if there's anything I can do on FM10 to get ticket prices increased or at least can you tell me if in the latest FM11 there is the option to make requests about increasing/decreasing ticket prices.

Thanks

Are you filling your large stadium every home fixture? If not, that may be the reason for the ticket prices. If they can't fill the stadium, ticket prices will go down until it stabilizes. The ticket prices in my club Las Palmas in season 7 have been steadily increasing, and now that the stadium is at its expansion capasity and it is too new to let me build a new one, I expect them to continue to creep upwards since I fill up the stadium every match.

It is a simple equation of supply and demand.

If this is not the case with you, use FMRTE to fix your ticket prices as it is not cheating to do so when there is no way in-game to make the game-play feel fair. Giving you an advantage over the competition using fmrte would be cheating, though.

Are you filling your large stadium every home fixture?

Currently We have an average attendance of 22748 out of a capacity of 22877 so it's pretty much a sell out every game. Even in league 2 we were getting 17000.

If this is not the case with you, use FMRTE to fix your ticket prices

Sorry but what is FMRTE? I assumed it was the editor but that surely wouldn't make a difference to a game I'm already playing would it?

It's an ingame editor which you can find on teh interwebs. Make sure it won't ruin your game though. I don't mean that in a technological sense, I mean in a personal sense. You may do it and then regret it as you have given yourself more money. Or you may think it's fair, and see nothing wrong with it. In the end it's up to you, but don't end up doing it then finding it hard to go back and play it :)

In 2nd season with Feyenoord my season tickets cost around more than €600. Now in 3rd Season my season tickets price cost €883, the most expensive Season Tickets in the world. :D

The important is the supports continue buy the season tickets, and me win very money.

Archived