The game wanted me to lose

I won my first 10 games in the league pretty easily, then i go to play birmingham away who were second at the time. I'm 1-0 up at half time but in the second half i concede two own goals both of which deflect of the post onto my player and in! The second was in the last 3 minutes of the match aswell, leaving me no chance to get one back.

I know this is a bit of a rant but come on seriously, two own goals like that!? :mad:

First off the game didnt want you to lose. Secondly, what you see from the ME isnt necessarily what happened. The ME only has so many animations and it has to find the closest one as possible. In your case it shown the same animation twice. The goals could have been completely different. Own goals non the less but different circumstances.

I won my first 10 games in the league pretty easily, then i go to play birmingham away who were second at the time. I'm 1-0 up at half time but in the second half i concede two own goals both of which deflect of the post onto my player and in! The second was in the last 3 minutes of the match aswell, leaving me no chance to get one back.

I know this is a bit of a rant but come on seriously, two own goals like that!? :mad:

Yeah, sorry, but the game is indeed programmed for you to lose if you win your first 10 league games. It was supposed to be fix for 11.3. It's been reported and will be looked at for FM 12. :thup:

Actually i understand the JackJCFC, although i have a different explanation.

In my current save, i'm playing with Benfica. I'm in my 3rd season and with any problem dominating the portuguese league.

As i said, i'm in my 3rd season, and i have a fantastic start with 19 wins from 19 games. In the last 4 games, the games start getting harder and harder. Less goals, less shots, less possession.

The explanation i have for this, it's the others teams are getting more willing to beat me. Everyone wants to be the first team to beat Benfica. And i really think it's normal and in fact it's pretty close to what happens IRL.

I dont consider this a bug in the game, but the truth is after you loose those first points, your team will start again winning more easier, with more goals, more shots, etc

Could be a question of complacency of your players? I really dont know.

In terms of the game, how this is made? I really dont know? Perhaps a simplistic coeficient thats get bigger and bigger when you have many wins in a role?

So, getting back to what Jack said... it's not like the game wants you to lose, but the truth is, for many reason, after 15/20 wins it gets harder... as it should be!

They happen sometimes, sometimes more than usual. You can't do anything about it if the game wants you to lose. But sometimes it happens to your opposition too(very rare). You can save your game before every match and play it again if you want, but that is cheating :D...

This, hugely.

You players don't get any more money for winning every game of the season, and it is basic human nature to want as much for as little as possible. We see it every single year with every single team in England that when the season is coming to an end, if there is nothing to play for, performances drop. Effort levels drop, and the players mentally depart.

In your case, and the OP case, the players are on a pedestal. They're comfortably on target to reach their aim, while they're presumably being lauded as a quality player. Not many players in the world will continue playing like they have something to prove when they're already being billed as the best in the world.

In the game, I presume that a combination of several factors come into play with regards to each individuals motivation - their professionalism, their determination, how they have been playing, what you've been saying about them in the press, the teamtalks, how the team is doing and your upcoming opponents. Unless you have the absolutely perfect player (and even then, that may not be enough), it's only natural that their motivation will ebb away.

The challenge for the manager is to keep the players motivated, not to let them rest on their laurels, and become a better man-manager. That is something I would be willing to discuss on here, not whether or not the game is cheating against you to force you to lose.

Do your players not know that they have to shoot in the opposite goal after half time? ;)

It would be a very interesting discussion.

One of the problems I see in my style of play, and maybe the same happens with other players, is that when I find a formula for success i lay myself on autopilot, doing the same things, saying the same things.

I believe that sooner or later, the team will be complacent and until they feel the need to wake up again (after an unexpected defeat or tie) the game will be more difficult.

But this brings us to another question: What are the tools the game gives us in order to realize that the team is getting complacent? This is the big question, and I think its due to this lack of evidence, that are so many players say the game has bugs, wants that we lose, etc. etc.

There are some parts of the game that I (we) dont understand.

In terms of the game, how this is made? I really dont know? Perhaps a simplistic coeficient thats get bigger and bigger when you have many wins in a role?

The AI reacts to your form basically and long winning runs also affect your rep which is a factor the AI takes into account when deciding formation and tactics, of course complacency will also affect some players.

But this brings us to another question: What are the tools the game gives us in order to realize that the team is getting complacent? This is the big question, and I think its due to this lack of evidence, that are so many players say the game has bugs, wants that we lose, etc. etc.

I quite often watch games with the "Team Motivation" screen up, and that seems the best page for it. That, along with the assistant feedback, is the best way of recognising complacency and reacting to it. If you pick the right players and teamtalks (and everything else that goes with it) you can keep players motivated every game.

I've found the best way to combat complacency is to tackle it before it arises, be proactive rather than reactive, using the press conferences, individual talks and team talks. Also i have found just simply dropping players after a mediocre performance can get a great reaction.

Yeah, sorry, but the game is indeed programmed for you to lose if you win your first 10 league games. It was supposed to be fix for 11.3. It's been reported and will be looked at for FM 12. :thup:

i hope your are just being sarcastic !! don't tell me you are serious !!

The game isn't programmed to make you lose, but to make it harder to maintain a winning streak as well as getting out of a losing streak.

There are ups and downs in form several times a season, the clue is to be able to win while in (relatively) poor form. To do so you will find you have to change something: lineup, team talks, tactics.

I am in january 2017 now in my game, and still haven't hit a run of form encompassing all the players in the starting eleven at the same time this season. I think I will have to manage that in order to win the CL. I am pretty sure I don't need to in order to win the BBVA and cup, though. The main reason for this is probably injuries in the start of the season.

Such losses as you describe, where everything that can go wrong goes wrong, are telltale signs that you are in or about to enter a run of bad form - and it is up to you to prevent it from becoming a losing streak.

Team talks and morale are very important aspects of FM, and it is hard to avoid complacency once you've won 5-6 matches in a row and the media starts talking about it, because in addition to complacency the opponent also notice and often play defensively and cynically to stop you. That the ME displays this as fluke goals and bad luck does not really mean anything in particular - but I agree that it is extremely annoying!

I very nearly did go into a run off loses after that defeat, almost lost to leeds at home but for 2 last 10 minute goals from a sub, and it took at last minute goal at norwich to get a 1-1 draw, they were 3rd so i wasn't too unhappy about that. The team has definitely lost the confidence that they had previous to the defeat. Before they were scoring for fun but now they are having a hard job getting more than one.

you killing me :D

if you cant tell by now then no one can help you :D

As for the OP, I wouldn't say that the ME wanted you to lose. I mean england conceded 2 very similar goals very quickly against switzerland.

if you cant tell by now then no one can help you :D

As for the OP, I wouldn't say that the ME wanted you to lose. I mean england conceded 2 very similar goals very quickly against switzerland.

so people will only help, when i know the answers .. in another word, when i don't really need one ... he he :D

tbh i doubt game do force you to lose, as some said here, it make life harder (ex: complacency, too much pressure ..etc) all do mount everytime you do well

Archived