Internatinal contracts - needs adding

do real life players get paid for internationals? I didnt think they did. And also, what would be the point? Its not like England could offer a contract to a brazilian(Even then they wouldn't win the world cup :p)

do real life players get paid for internationals? I didnt think they did. And also, what would be the point? Its not like England could offer a contract to a brazilian(Even then they wouldn't win the world cup :p)

Players generally are, but most of them direct the funds straight to charity. For managers on the other hand, it's often their only source of income, so they do get paid.

I don't know what the real life deal would be for someone moonlighting with a club and country though.

I just done a google search on it there and it seems that they do donate it to charity but the respective FA'S of the country decide them. Not the manager. I personally don't think its a good idea. For managers yes, players no. As many players play for teams and get a decent enough wage nowadays.

If there's international contracts for managers, I think the game probably won't let you manage club and country (or maybe it'll just cause more bugs if put in :p). And we all know how boring it can get just managing a country in the game...

There really isn't enough depth in international management yet.

I have been saying and suggesting this idea for past 5 years or more, as i think one area needs improving as manager if you look at how it works today. I think as suggest above it can get boring just managing international team but probably like that in real life at times. One way i find to stop it being borning is having two managers and that way if one managers International i still have the other doing matches in between.

The thing is if you introduce a financial model into international management, where are the funds exactly coming from? This isn't like club management where you have to deal with finances. The wages aren't going to come out of thin air. How do you determine how much money an FA can offer you?

Where's the money coming from? Do you start adding financial rewards for winning tournaments and such? How do you research how much money an FA has?

More questions than answers. :D

The thing is if you introduce a financial model into international management, where are the funds exactly coming from? This isn't like club management where you have to deal with finances. The wages aren't going to come out of thin air. How do you determine how much money an FA can offer you?

Where's the money coming from? Do you start adding financial rewards for winning tournaments and such? How do you research how much money an FA has?

More questions than answers. :D

There's still a budget though. Maybe it could be tied to the financial health of the league as a measure of the "economy" (i.e. lots of bankrupt clubs => slashed wages/less coaches for hire).

Maybe we could have whining like people do with Capello's (obscene?) contract - for what appears to be very little.

There's still a budget though. Maybe it could be tied to the financial health of the league as a measure of the "economy" (i.e. lots of bankrupt clubs => slashed wages/less coaches for hire).

Maybe we could have whining like people do with Capello's (obscene?) contract - for what appears to be very little.

Does FM take economy into account in FM? Outwith the developed status i dont think it would. How would you model the future of the footballing world when taking the economy of leagues into account?

well the FA's get there money through TV deals and sponsorship and Tickers, Memebership and various other things like coaching courses they offer etc so it's that hard to work out which FA would have more money and which would have less and how much they could offer there manager. So can be done simliar to club you sponorship deal that last however long same as TV. Tickets prices and then miscellouns for Memebership etc. These don't have exact to what FA's get now could be rough guess.

Does FM take economy into account in FM? Outwith the developed status i dont think it would. How would you model the future of the footballing world when taking the economy of leagues into account?

It doesn't, but I was looking for something that could model the budget of an FA (which is linked to the sport budget, which is linked to the economy of that nation).

A proper game would have an economy module reflecting times of recession, of course, but that wouldn't be that fun for Greek clubs.

It doesn't, but I was looking for something that could model the budget of an FA (which is linked to the sport budget, which is linked to the economy of that nation).

A proper game would have an economy module reflecting times of recession, of course, but that wouldn't be that fun for Greek clubs.

But how would you make that work? How could they possibly develop an accurate world economy model into the FM game. Something like that would surely take a HUGE amount of resources, both at SI and in game, and yes i know its not up to us to tell SI what to work on and what to ignore.

But how would you make that work? How could they possibly develop an accurate world economy model into the FM game. Something like that would surely take a HUGE amount of resources, both at SI and in game, and yes i know its not up to us to tell SI what to work on and what to ignore.

You have just managed to define the problem of software development. Congratulations.

However, if there is a will, there is a way.

Various economy-based models exist anyway, for example market simulations where shortages in supply lead to price increases. Maybe even SimCity 2000 has this.

You have just managed to define the problem of software development. Congratulations.

However, if there is a will, there is a way.

Various economy-based models exist anyway, for example market simulations where shortages in supply lead to price increases. Maybe even SimCity 2000 has this.

Do you think it would improve the game much if they spent time working on a model for the worlds economy to fit into FM?

How would this compare against the old CA/PA argument if they try to predict the future of the worlds eccomony only to get it horribly wrong, aka Pedro......LOL sorry i couldnt resist :p

Do you think it would improve the game much if they spent time working on a model for the worlds economy to fit into FM?

How would this compare against the old CA/PA argument if they try to predict the future of the worlds eccomony only to get it horribly wrong, aka Pedro......LOL sorry i couldnt resist :p

I think anything that adds to the realism will improve the game. Improve it much? Probably not. Improve it nevertheless? Yes.

Caveat: Including playability - nobody wants Football Manager Bathroom edition. But in the case of an economy, where the user needs to do very little - yes, it would improve things.

Archived