Trained at Club

Trying to regiester my Euro Cup squad and dont seem to have enough home grown players for nation trained players. Some of my players say 'trained in nation' (15-21) which is accepted by the game and some 'trained in nation' (0-21) which are not accepted.

Can anyone enlighten me to why.

As the rules are aged 15-21 I cannot see why age 0-21 are not accepted

Because they need to have a fixed number of years (3yrs?) between the ages of 15yo & 21yo to qualify.

I would presume they spent quite a bit of time between the ages of 15yo & 21yo in another nation or they are still U21, in which case you don't need to register them.

Actually, the trained in nation (0-21) is a bug. In the bug fix forum a member of SI staff actually suggests using FMRTE to edit (in the player's relationship tab) the field from trained in nation/club (0-21) to the (15-21) version. The 0-21 works for premiership but not Europe. The odd thing is they cover the same thing really, so only one field is needed. Players should all be assigned the 15-21 one, but I guess if a player qualifies for 0-21 first (due to being generated at 14 and staying in the same country) he picks up that rather redundant one (how many players will qualify for it and not the other?) and is thus blocked from the latter one incorrectly. The premiership allows anyone with either to be home grown, Europe specifically needs the 15-21.

I had players that had spent their entire career in England, were 23 years old and should have counted counting in the premiership but not Europe until I went to report the bug, saw it had been reported and that workaround had been suggested. (it's in the competitions -> Europe thread in FM11 bugs.)

As has been said a million times before, just leave spaces or holiday past it

That's not really a great answer when a player should be eligible. It robs you of squad spaces in Europe. Which is extra annoying if you have already planned your squad around the premiership (just with at least 4 club home grown too), which doesn't incorrectly ignore these players home grown status.

That's not really a great answer when a player should be eligible. It robs you of squad spaces in Europe. Which is extra annoying if you have already planned your squad around the premiership (just with at least 4 club home grown too), which doesn't incorrectly ignore these players home grown status.

Thanks using FMRTE now to correct it. Fully agree need to play the game correctly as these players are elligible and it costs you spaces and possbily another trophy if you use afced7 method to holiday past it or leave a space. Cant understand why he would

Thanks using FMRTE now to correct it. Fully agree need to play the game correctly as these players are elligible and it costs you spaces and possbily another trophy if you use afced7 method to holiday past it or leave a space. Cant understand why he would

Yeah, it sucks to have to use FMRTE on a save that you intended to be pure and unsullied, but that's life. :(

Archived