Training (FM 12)

I would like the idea of being able to watch my player's training. For example it would be good to set up new training ground tactics and actually watch the players perform them to see whos doing well in training and who is not. I know it would be a boring feature for alot of gamers but personally I would love this feature.

I think that it would be hard to implement such a factor as who does well in training and who doesn't, maybe SI could add another hidden attribute, just for the training. But a 3d aspect of training would be neat, a la PES. Would generally agree that training needs a overhaul though as it currently is not sufficient and hasn't evolved much over the years.

Anybody remember Championship Manager's awful attempt at this?

All you could do was watch them repeat set pieces over and over again or do a couple of shooting drills or sprints, all of which were so random it was hilarious. Like as Sunderland I would see Darren Bent be quickest in one sprint, then slowest in the next while a short, fat keeper from my Under 18s would blitz everybody else. Even if you had a player who was miles quicker than everybody else they were still capable of losing a sprint when you watched in training!

I would like the idea of being able to watch my player's training. For example it would be good to set up new training ground tactics and actually watch the players perform them to see whos doing well in training and who is not. I know it would be a boring feature for alot of gamers but personally I would love this feature.

How do you watch the matches?

Given that only a very small % of users watch full matches I doubt very few would bother to watch training after a couple of initial attempts to "try" it.

Anybody remember Championship Manager's awful attempt at this?

All you could do was watch them repeat set pieces over and over again or do a couple of shooting drills or sprints, all of which were so random it was hilarious. Like as Sunderland I would see Darren Bent be quickest in one sprint, then slowest in the next while a short, fat keeper from my Under 18s would blitz everybody else. Even if you had a player who was miles quicker than everybody else they were still capable of losing a sprint when you watched in training!

I found the championship manager training and scouting much better than the bland version from SI.

How ever i find it all boring and have never bothered with ether, SI need to make some ground with this or otherwise it will be another wish of my i don't want in a football manager game.

Archived