players unhappy that i don't accept bid

two players in my anderlecht squad, legear and boussafa, were unhappy that i rejected bids for them in the summer and after conversations with them i agreed with legear to release him in next window. December comes and i need some money to bring in young belgian player to replace him and he is unhappy that i'm trying to force him out. I look at boussafa's personal page and no mention of wanting to leave or the conversation I had with him!! What is going on??

Look if a player wants out and you say no they get unhappy. An offer comes in, you refuse or you raise your demands and the bidding club retires then you player can get unhappy, saying you are keeping him despite his will.

Then no other clubs bid for him, the interest will go away. So he starts to play well, doesn't want to leave until a nother offer comes in.

These are things you need to live with. My personal preference is to sell the player if he wants to go but sell him on the highest price that I can get. If a players states at some point that he wants to leave then be assured he will pop up at every opportunity to say "hey you promised me a transfer"

Of course all these come down to the players hidden attributes and mentality, if he's overly ambitious then this is you cenario.

What annoys me most about when you reject a bid, is that player always wants a new deal, even if you gave him one the week before! I had one of my regen defenders, Diguinho, had a bid of £20million which I turned down, he then wanted a new deal, I looked at his contract and was still on his original contract that I signed him on for Norwich of £8k a week, now as he is turning into one of the best defenders in the world I decided a new contract was earned, so he signed a new 4 year deal on £20k a week.

2 days after signing this contract another offer of £23 million came in, again rejected, and again his agent came sulking saying he wanted an improved contract, this time I sent him packing and now I have an unhappy player who has just had just over a 100% pay increase!

I reject them tell them to prove to me on the pitch that they deserve a new deal. Always seems to make them happy.

just telling them they have time left on there current deal use to work even better

tbh i tried to be smart one time, and add 1m to the player value, and the other club withdraw their bid, problem my player come to me unhappy and wanting to leave

I understand FM trying to make player AI smarter, but in same time it don't give you the tools managers have like AW did with Fabregas, we should be able to talk to the player, telling him how we need him, and how life will be bad their if he leave as no success is guarantied outside our club, and that X club who wanted him didn't treat him with respect as didn't put what you value in market ..etc.

SI can't just make life tough on managers yet don't give us the tools

Archived