Not bothering with the Europa League.

For me the Europa League is completely useless. If I get there with a big club it's just a consolation for the failure of not reachibg the CL, and a distraction while concentrating on the league & FA cup. If I'm managing a smaller team & manage to get 5th I know my tiny squad, not designed for 60 odd games a season, will be drained & the league position will suffer.

While getting into the Champions league with a smaller/poorer team actually gives you the funds to improve the squad, the EL just drains you witout giving much economically.

So, any tips on how to avoid the EL even if you've qualified? Do you just register reserve players & holiday through these fixtures, or do you take the risk of draining a relatively tiny squad?

If you dont want to be in the competition then just play your reserves and youth team in the games, sooner or later you will go out, or do well and still have your main team to focus on the league and domestic cups.

If you dont care field the reserves, though personally i feel you should compete in every competetion as well as you possibly can, so bringing in youth players to give thm a run out in the group stages with some of your first team players who are fit enough, then as you progress slowly start to introduce more of your first team players.. its how the fans will want it - no one likes to see there team losing to lesser foreign teans at home...

a trophy is a trophy, whats the point in letting your team lose... that reduces morale and stops you from winning silverware. why waste it if you have qualified, in some situations i would rather be in the europa than the CL its much easier. for example would liverpool have any chance of winning the CL ? no. so they focus on the europa league not waste their opportunity of winning a trophy

Personally I feel that the Europa League is quite good for my club if I'm managing quite a small club. It will help boost their reputation and also attracts more players to sign for your club because they know you're playing in Euro. Also if you do well you do earn quite a bit of money at each stage.

I like the EURO Cup, and have won it twice in my current save. The group games are a good chance to develop promising youngster, and knockout stages tend to be quite competitive with a lot of good teams in there. Also it's good for your co-efficient if you do well, gives you a high seeding for when you get back in the ECC. And it counts as a trophy in your hall of fame records.

Archived