International Retirement under manager

Do you think international retirement under a manager should be added?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think international retirement under a manager should be added?

In this current era we are seeing a lot of players choose not to play international football whilst a certain person is manager of their national team. This doesn't feature in FM, but in my eyes international retirement under a manager would be a great addition. It would make people be more cautious in international management and try to make more friends than enemies. It would also replicate real life.

Who agrees with this idea?

I remember something similar to this in FM2007. I was the England manager and Ashley Young was my star player. He got injured for one of the qualifiers so left him out and called someone else up. Next time for squad selection I wanted to recall him but he had an 'orange' injury so thought against it, not wanting to aggravate the injury but then a week later another winger got injured and Young was back at full-fitness so I called him up as a replacement and I got a message saying something like 'He didn't want to be a replacement/2nd best or something along those lines' and I couldn't call him up. Didn't get far enough into the save to see if an AI manager could call him up once I'd left, though.

EDIT: Also, didn't Adel Taarabt do this after he was named as a substitute?

I remember something similar to this in FM2007. I was the England manager and Ashley Young was my star player. He got injured for one of the qualifiers so left him out and called someone else up. Next time for squad selection I wanted to recall him but he had an 'orange' injury so thought against it, not wanting to aggravate the injury but then a week later another winger got injured and Young was back at full-fitness so I called him up as a replacement and I got a message saying something like 'He didn't want to be a replacement/2nd best or something along those lines' and I couldn't call him up. Didn't get far enough into the save to see if an AI manager could call him up once I'd left, though.

EDIT: Also, didn't Adel Taarabt do this after he was named as a substitute?

Yes, Adel Taarabt did do this. But his was slightly different, retired from international football altogether, not just under one manager.

It does happen (a lot under Van Basten at Holland I seem to remember), so I'd like it in the game. Would've happened to me too, as I refused to play Rooney in my England team, IRL he would've been very annoyed by what I did actually :D

Archived