My new £18.5 million striker gets 3 assists and a brace on debut and the media...

agreed, really need to be improved. Think they're very annoying but it's a part of a managers work so i accept them, but not when they're like in FM... But I imagine a great improvement in FM12..

I just let my AssMan handle them ... I can't be bothered.

I don't know for sure but I thought in time this had a negative effect on your players; they see that if you can't be bothered to attend a press conference why should they bother trying to impress you?

Not sure if it's true but would be nice to think so :p

I don't know for sure but I thought in time this had a negative effect on your players; they see that if you can't be bothered to attend a press conference why should they bother trying to impress you?

The problem for me here is usually that my Assistant says something stupid. The best example I ever saw was on the funny screen shots thread for somebody at Celtic. Good ol' Neil Lennon was his assistant and after he had a player score a wonder goal he answered at the press conference:

Media: "What did you think of Joe Bloggs' wonderful strike today?"

Neil: "I thought it was terrible!"

I dont even bother with press conference anymore.It's so repetitive and time wasting. You can play two or three more matches when you consume time for 7-8 press conferences...

They still need some work. Right now I wish they gave me an option to just do all the questions now so I didn't have to answer them again and again. It's always the same damn thing!

totally agree.. it is just too many .. too repetitive .. i don't mind repetitive if it is just 1 or 2 QS, will be ok, although is not an excuse for not be creative, we should focus on more quality than stupid quantity. QS should be more about key issues which are special to that game, like your new striker performance in your case

Sir Alex never did interviews for BBC for a good number of years.

I'm surprised they didn't ignore the game and ask you who you thought was going to win World Player of the Year instead.

That was always my favourite moment in Football Manager. My Honvéd side came back from 2 goals down after 10 minutes to win 3-2 away to Lyon to seal a place in the Champions League round of 16 for the first time in our history. What did they ask me:

1. That early goal from Lopez must have changed everything?

2. What did you think of Lopez's goal?

3. What did you think of Lopez this match?

4. We hear you are after [some generic player from Romania I've never heard of], do you wish to comment on the speculation?

5. Who do you think will win World Player of the Year (with a picture of Lopez in the corner)?

Awesome guys!

Sir Alex never did interviews for BBC for a good number of years.

He still doesn't does he? I thought it was due to the BBC making a documentary about his son (a football agent) that Alex didn't like, to say the least.

That was always my favourite moment in Football Manager. My Honvéd side came back from 2 goals down after 10 minutes to win 3-2 away to Lyon to seal a place in the Champions League round of 16 for the first time in our history. What did they ask me:

1. That early goal from Lopez must have changed everything?

2. What did you think of Lopez's goal?

3. What did you think of Lopez this match?

4. We hear you are after [some generic player from Romania I've never heard of], do you wish to comment on the speculation?

5. Who do you think will win World Player of the Year (with a picture of Lopez in the corner)?

Awesome guys!

Was the journalist called Mr Lopez by any chance? ;)

Archived