[Suggestion] B Team Management Options

Some suggestions to improve the operation of "B" clubs such as Barçelona Atlético when the main club is managed by a human manager:

- When I set an asking price then move the player to my B club, he really ought to keep the asking price I've set. In FM11, the asking price is adjusted by the B team manager. The same goes for transfer listing/loan listing - my B club manager shouldn't be transfer listing players I've sent to him for further development.

- I ought to be involved in the selection of my B club's manager, whether by manually approaching people for the job of "B Team Manager" or by a similar process to feeder clubs where the board suggest candidates and I state my preference. I want a particular skillset for my B team manager; not just any random guy will do.

- Tutoring should not stop when a player is playing matches at my B club. He's still training with the main club, as I understand it, so should still be in contact with the main club's players enough to be tutored. (I'm not sure it does actually stop, but the guy I've moved to my B club while being tutored shows no sign of still being tutored.)

- The same applies to individual training focus. If I want a guy to focus on improving his positioning, he should still be focussing on the same thing while he's playing for the B club.

- B team coaches should not be telling my players to learn another position. That's my job. I don't want my left back to learn to play right back; I hate wrong sided fullbacks. Give me control over whether a player plays in and learns another position while at my B club.

- Training in general should be controlled by me. I don't want my players on a different training regime while playing for the B club; I want them working on what I think they need to work on.

- Player/coaches in the senior club who have declined too much to play there but could still do a job in the B team ought to be able to play for the B club while appointed as a coach. From anything I've tried in FM11, it seems they can't.

- The wages for my players whom I've sent to the B club should still be paid by me, otherwise my B club can end up in admin/receivership very easily and it's too easy to offload high wages from the main club's wage bill.

Any other ideas? Admittedly most of this post is based on a custom main club and B club, but I've copied Barçelona and their B club's setup exactly into my custom database. If it doesn't work like that with Barça/Barça B, I'd be interested to know where I'm going wrong.

Archived