Problem with accepting contract at end of season

I'm Real Madrid manager, and my contract was running out at the end of the season. I'm doing a save where I take a slightly underachieving team and make them dominant(I'd taken over Roma in the 1st season, took them to 3 league titles and 1 CL, then took over Real when my contract expired using 'Join at end of contract thing, as they'd finished 4th well off the pace before I joined). I've won the league twice, but the Chelsea job has become available in december of the 5th season, and I said I'd join at the end of my contract, which they accepted. I'd thought this would mean that I'd join in June 2016. It says though I'm joining them on the 8th of may. Which is simply not what I agreed, and means I'll miss my last league game with them(though rather fittingly, I play Barcelona on the 7th). Is there any way to make it so I join at the end of my contract without screwing up the game. I know I could use FMRTE, but I don't want to mess up my game by accident.

Would really appreciate any help soon as possible, as I don't want to continue my game otherwise, and it's the most enjoyable career I've had on FM11

Archived