Loaning Players

I like managing in the lower leagues of England as I find it more interesting. As people who also manage in these leagues will know, money is often tight. So trying to save money where you can is often important. I like to sign players on loan and often get a few in for the season. Most of the time they become first choice and perform well throughout the season.

However, in my current save I have a wide midfielder on loan who has signed as back-up. Originally he was going to be first choice. But as I signed better players. He hasn't really been given a chance. Now he hasn't complained that he's not getting the game time he wants. But I'm sure he would in real life. Occasionally in real life, if a loaned player isn't getting the game time that his parent club or he would prefer. They would ask for the loaning club to terminate the deal. As it would be in the best interests of the player and possibly the parent club. Liam Cooper of Hull City was a prime example this season as he asked for his loan deal to be terminated so he could go and fight for a first team place at Hull.

What I am trying to say is, I feel that it would be a good feature to add in for future FMs. Surely it would add a new dimension if you had a player return from his loan spell if there wasn't a recall clause.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement it into the game. I just thought it would be a good idea.

He means his own club would ask for him back.

As you said. He doesnt care he isnt playing, so like your hull example he isnt bothered about asking to return. He should though.

I notice this year players seem to be happy not playing games for whole seasons. Its very hard to upset them that way.

You mean finish a loan before the speculated time? You can do that already

No he means if a player is not playing at the club they are on loan at then they should be able to request the termination of their loan contract. If someone cannot break into the first team of the club they are on loan at they might as well fight for a place at the team that owns them.

I think it is a good idea there should be more options for loan players, I don't think I can fine them even if my club pays the wages, can we even criticise their performances?

I don't know whether we can critiscise them AB. I just thought of this as he's not even on my bench for most games. If he was at the club permanently he would probably be asking why I'm not playing etc etc. I just feel that maybe if you do have a loaned player at your club not playing. Then they should be able to approach you through the player chat thing and ask. Then if you don't give them the hope that they may play soon. The player may respond by asking if he could go back to his parent club.

Or if the player isn't complaining or asking why he isn't playing. The parent club, who would be keeping an eye on things could ask why he isn't playing. And if there isn't a recall clause. They could ask you nicely(Manager to Manager) if you wouldn't mind terminating the players loan.

Archived