Football Manager 2012 improvements

Right, first of all I want to say that this game is great. I have spent so much time on this over the past year, but........what I would love to see on the new game is the following:-

Improved fan chants.....We all have our favorite teams....How great would it be to hear our own club songs???? This would be a definate improvement. The current noise just sounds like radio static.

Improved fan graphics, Lets see waving flags and baloons.

Staduim graphics, lets have wembley looking like wembley and all the other grounds looking like the real stuff!

I would also like to see more staff interaction, private chats etc.

What are you thoughts? Is their anything I have missed here???

Allwood007uk

FM is already processor heavy, so adding all the fancy graphics (real stadiums/flags and balloons and so on) is going to slow things down imo.

More staff/player interaction would be good though, i think a few on here would agree with that.

It wouldnt hurt to have more graphics. See your stadium getting built and stuff. What it looks like when its done. Not unrealistic. Your trophey cabinet. Squad picture. Dressing room. Training ground. I'm not sure. If it adds to realism I cant see why not.

I think the specific fan chants and stadiums will have to be add ons on the whole. It would just be too much work for SI to map every stadium specifically. I would like to see a little more variety to stadiums and have them a bit more realistic though. I manage a few teams that have very open stadiums with just one stand (after checking Google Earth), but I always get 4 stands in the game. I'd like to see the match engine able to replicate just a small stand along the length of the pitch and nothing around the other sides, bar maybe just a bank.

One thing that I suppose could be possible is to have reserachers able to input details of grounds as they do club details. That might make it more realistic., but unless it's been started already then it'll doubtless be in FM12.

On the whole SI will probably be asking if it is necessary. It's probably one for a small percentage of players. The same goes for the fan chants, as well as them being much more work for SI and having to be fan made really. I do believe there has been a soundpack over the past few years with such a thing.

I suspect interraction from the crowd is a bit much for the engine, and a lot more for the game to handle.

To finish, I'd like to see more options on interaction and private chats myself, and this will be an ongoing thing for SI. It's an area that has been improving year on year and we just need to give it time to reach perfection.

Guest markyosullivan
Ermm I'm pretty much sure that already happens?

Nope. EPL will stay at £40M. Northern Irish premiership (top divison) which I was at for a long time in one of my saves never got a higher amount of money for TV coverage of its league even though the league rep went up.

Hoping that Blue Sqr leagues will introduce 7 subs for next year so it'll be included in FM2012. ;)

I thought I read that the TV money stayed the same due to license issues or something but can't remember where I read it so not too sure.

It wouldnt hurt to have more graphics. See your stadium getting built and stuff. What it looks like when its done. Not unrealistic. Your trophey cabinet. Squad picture. Dressing room. Training ground. I'm not sure. If it adds to realism I cant see why not.

This somewhat reminds me of the old Premier Managers on the PS2 - but yeah, I wouldn't mind a few fancy graphics but only if it didn't slow the game down considerably.

totally agree! fm11 has taken up soo much of my time because of how good and fun it is play.

I agree with more staff interaction with the manager, though one thing i miss from i think a previous fm was when you are a national manager and you could ask the advice of the players manager as to whether they believe the player was ready or 'cleared' for international duty, could be advanced by the manager adding in extra detail eg 'no as the player has only recently come back from injury and i dont want to risk him'.

Another thing I would like to see in the game is the use of testimonial games for long standing players at the club which are retiring at the end of the season. I think this would be a great addition to the game as.

finally the answers to the press conference are normally okay, but sometimes i get asked a question and the responses i can give are so far from the truth i have to give 'no comment'. i dont know the best way around this as im not a programmer but maybe 7 possible answers instead of 5 to try and cover everything???

ullah

I thought I read that the TV money stayed the same due to license issues or something but can't remember where I read it so not too sure.

This somewhat reminds me of the old Premier Managers on the PS2 - but yeah, I wouldn't mind a few fancy graphics but only if it didn't slow the game down considerably.

I'm pretty sure it's dynamic.

Is it possible to redefine the attributes of coaches? As an example: GK coach. Overall ability, Handling ability, positioning ability and command of the penalty area? Other coaches abilties redefined dependent upon their field of expertise.

Another thing I would like to see in the game is the use of testimonial games for long standing players at the club which are retiring at the end of the season. I think this would be a great addition to the game as.

Yeah I think this would be a nice addition.

i dont play with sound as i play on a lappy on the bed as it would **** the misses off ,training needs overhaul .dont give a dam about the grapics ,just great game play .cauld do more with the finance section and player stats .as the game years go on the strikers finishing gets worse for silly money...

Archived