without doubt its worth every penny... if not more! its easily the best app ive ever brought!

ive never downloaded the championship manager apps but ive seen the screenshots, and read the reviews and it doesnt look like it even compares to what FM11 offers!

just get it mate, you will not regret it

• SI Staff

(trying not to be overly biased - so this is as dispassionate as I can get)

Football Manager Handheld (iPhone) is an enhanced port of the PSP game, FMH isn't intended to simply be 'FM PC' on a handheld device - its a management game in its own right and has a slightly different 'flavour' to the PC game.

Its far faster to play while still feeling realistic (and importantly fun) - a lot of people compare it to our earlier products (CM01-02 etc.) which to be honest was one of the things I was aiming for when it was initially designed.

(end of unbiased section)

Personally I love it, I'm 20 odd seasons into my current Brighton game and having finally got to the stage where I'm fairly dominant generally this season isn't going quite to plan - I'm neck and neck with Man Utd and Chelsea with 8 games to go, Utd are a point in front and unless they slip up it doesn't look like this seasons title is going to be mine ...

I've only played CM on the iPhone very briefly (the 80's Legends version), and the main thing I disliked was the user interface.

FMHi on the other hand has a UI that I really like. It's fast and easy to use, and looks good. FMHi might not be perfect, it has it's shortcomings, but it's still the best iPhone app I've ever bought, and the most enjoyable manager game I've played in years.

Compared to the Pc version it moves much faster, and removes a lot of the "extra" stuff the PC version has added in recent years, which to me is a good thing.

I have purchased CM 2011 for the iPhone.

I have to say that I wasn't impressed with it at all. There are things that I liked about it (the interface and overall presentation) but after spending a couple of nights playing it, I decided that it was a really poor sim. There are a lot of issues with it (which I won't bother boring you all with) but the biggest problem for me was the ease of winning every game 6 or 7 nil (with players getting double hattricks). It became really silly in the end.

The other aspect that I didn't like was the lack of interaction from the developers. You would raise certain issues on the forums but nobody would respond or even acknowledge your feedback. I always trust a product a lot more when the developers are happy to engage with your feedback - even if they don't agree or are unable to facilitate your requests.

Anyway, I deleted CM 2011 and splashed out on FM 2011 and have never looked back.

I played CM2011 quite a bit before coming over to FMH2011. The interface of CM2011 is a lot better than the one on FM, it's better designed, more modern - FMH isn't bad in the way that the interface of CM2010 was bad, it's just not as good. However, and it's a really big however, the gameplay of CM2011 is terrible compared to FMH2011. FMH is far more interesting, nuanced, tactical and enjoyable. Even if it's slightly too random, it's in a completely different league than CM11. Really, you're buying it for the game, and if the interface doesn't get in the way then gameplay is king. For that reason, you have to buy FMH, it's significantly better in every gameplay department.

Archived