will naturalised players affect names of regens ?

I think there are "namesets" for each nationality, rather than it drawing permutations of names of people with that nationality out of a hat.

Ackter is right that dual nationality players could have names from either nameset though.

If they come through your academy they could have names from pretty much anywhere, and will usually have a second nationality to back it up.

It depends on the scouting knowledge of each club and their youth network.

For example, as the game goes on, you'll see more English people with 'strange' names because of their second nationality. I have an Indian, Greek, Malagasy and a few other obscure nationalities at my club, all with English as their first nationality.

If they come through your academy they could have names from pretty much anywhere, and will usually have a second nationality to back it up.

It depends on the scouting knowledge of each club and their youth network.

For example, as the game goes on, you'll see more English people with 'strange' names because of their second nationality. I have an Indian, Greek, Malagasy and a few other obscure nationalities at my club, all with English as their first nationality.

I understand why it happens, it's quite interesting I think.

I think it could be quite cool one day if someone manages to win the world cup with a National team consisting solely of players with non-British names!

Archived