Player Exchange...

Does this work or am I just clueless on how to use it properly? I've been in a few situations where some clubs are interested in some of my players and I'm interested in one of theirs. I offer them the players they are interested in and some money, but they reject it and propse a new deal without the players and some ridiculous amount.

Latest scenario is Barcelona and Messi in my save. Messi has a year and five months left on his current contract but he keeps rejecting a new contract because he wasn't willing to take a pay cut and the likes, which is surprising as Barcelona are still the richest club. Scout reports now say he would be extremely interested in joining my club which could only tell me that I'm not bigger than them and I've used the media to admire and declare interest and he responds well to them.

Barcelona are interested in two of my players, and so I offered them these players but 70mil cause their 126mil asking price is well, a little too much. But they keep rejecting it and just proposing the full sum without the players, and on occasions increase it slightly. Board think he's an unrealistic target and so won't fund the transfer, lol, but it didn't hurt to try.

So I'm just curious as to if this option works and how well to use it. Thanks!

I had some player exchanges but they are really very rare. The interest of the club in yours player should match the interest of yours in their. Generally it happens when they have once bided for yours player or have shown a major interest.

I haven't been successful despite them showing major interest in my players, and sometimes make a bid, which I usually reject.

Georgex, did the 2.5m plus the players' values match your targets value and/or their asking price?

Georgex, did the 2.5m plus the players' values match your targets value and/or their asking price?

I offered £7.5m. Rejected. The overall transfer with the £2.5m and the players was £7m. And that was accepted and they were interested in Kelly.

I have never had a player exchange accepted by any club in any edition of FM ever. Nor has any club ever offered one of their players to me in exchange for one of mine. Seems a pretty useless feature in it's current guise if you ask me.

Problem is with exchange that if the clubs finally make a deal, there are 2 or more players involved then which got their own wage demands etc, or dont even wanna go to the other club.

So think lots of them brake down at that point.

But they do work, at least on Fm10 they did. Did an exchange between 2 players when i was managing Getafe on fm10.

For example, I had a regen striker in my squad who Man City was interested in. I offered him, plus 4 million pounds to buy unsettled Balotelli. They accepted the deal, players accepted the contracts but when it came to giving the OK to the transfer, I didn't feel like Balotelli was worth that much and cancelled the deal. Later on, I looked at Balotelli to see that now his asking price was 4 million pounds, guess it's a glitch that happened when they accepted the 4m + player bid. So I offered 4m, bought Balotelli, then I sold my regen for 8m. 4m profit! :D

For example, I had a regen striker in my squad who Man City was interested in. I offered him, plus 4 million pounds to buy unsettled Balotelli. They accepted the deal, players accepted the contracts but when it came to giving the OK to the transfer, I didn't feel like Balotelli was worth that much and cancelled the deal. Later on, I looked at Balotelli to see that now his asking price was 4 million pounds, guess it's a glitch that happened when they accepted the 4m + player bid. So I offered 4m, bought Balotelli, then I sold my regen for 8m. 4m profit! :D

Congrats Dude!!! Never thought about that

Archived