Parent Clubs.

I've been trying for 5 seasons to get a parent club and understood that as a non league team it would be difficult but i'm now in L2 so can't understand why i've still not got one.

I'm playing as Taunton which has Yeovil, Bristol and Exeter all less than an hour away so whats going on?

Anyone with history of this?

Are the clubs geographically close to you? As parent clubs generally help out clubs closer to them so they can keep an eye on the players better and so on. (i.e. Reading FC, with Didcot Town and Basingstoke Town.)

ALSO, it is easier to get a parent club when you are in Blue Square! Many league two clubs will class themselves too good to need a parent club, and will only have affiliate clubs (clubs around them geographically or clubs that have a history of doing business together)

What message do you get?

"We can't find a suitable parent club"

or

"We don't believe we should have a parent club"

If its the second one the board don't want one which I haven't seen change until you've had a takeover.

If its the first one then its possible that clubs are already parent clubs to others around your level.

I managed to get Man U as my parent club, i was playing as Southampton in Championship and they loaned me Macheda and Bakambu was well pleased since they fired me to the title. Have to say im not sure what decides if you get a parent club or not. Maybe ambition of the board?

Archived