Suggestion - Reduce the number of messages!

Right then, I'm sure most of you'd agree that there are far too many messages being delivered to the inbox, which is time consuming to go through. Repeatedly pressing the space bar ftl :( Here are a couple of suggestions to reduce the number of messages

* Pre Match - By far the most infuriating. A minimum of 3-4 and a maximum of 7-8 per match is just far too many for one match. Condense them into 1 or at max 2 messages which contains all the needed information. Most people I'm sure don't bother to read what half the messages say anyway, and even if they do, saves effort in doing so within 1 or 2 messages

* Scout Reports - Why deliver messages from scouts saying they haven't found anyone to recommend? Keep the scouting as it is (ie) monthly reports but generate messages only when the scout has atleast one player to recommend.

I pretty much only read messages that I have to answer or have a player link in them.

Still have to go through all of them :(

This is probably an obvious suggestion, but have you tried removing a lot of your subscriptions?.

Yeah I've. It does help but the pre match/useless scout messages are still annoying

SI did that for FM10 and it was worse - people complained of missing important messages, so they reinstated the one inbox in FM11. Can't win, really.

In FM10 it was split into two sections where you had to go out of your way to find that second section.

The point is there's still loads of superfluous messages - plenty of examples of several messages being generated when one will do.

^^THIS. FM10 was better for fewer messages. When i fired up FM11 for the first time i was like WTF! Why so many pointless messages? I dont want to know 2/3 of what is in my inbox. Hope they slim it down again like FM10 for the new FM12. Or at the very least have tick box options for the messages individual managers would regard as important.

I'm sick of all the messages that are about international sackings that i can't take control of, for example.

Swaziland

Benin

Guinea

Cape Verde

I feel like FM spams my inbox at times.

True. After every international tournament, its atleast 10 messages :mad:

Yeah, the end of season, where it seems every single national manager in the world gets sacked on the exact same day, just like real life. And about 15 fake agents I've never heard of and definately dont care about all retire, that I have to click through each one. None of it would be news worthy for sky sports (well if almost every national manager got sacked the same day that might) I dont want to hear about it either.

Other than that though i dont really see it as a problem for the majority of the season.

I would think a skysports type set up for some news might work well. Sort of just ticker along the bottom of the screen. And if something interests you you could click on it and be linked to the news item. Major transfers and other big news that make skysports but doesnt effect your club.

Have the option not to get certain messages, problem solved. I don't read match reports, they all say virtually the same thing anyway, so if I could disable certain ones match reports would be my first.

I prefer it now to what it was in FM10. You can already tell the agents not to contact you if you don't want. The pre-match stuff isn't too bad either - I tend to read it all (though admittedly I no longer go to the pre-match meetings)

Archived