Which processor would run FM best out of these two

Guest markyosullivan

I don't know anything about computer spec's but I'd guess the Intel core 2 quad 2.5ghz? :s

Would need to know the exact model of the intel core 2 quad, if it doesn't support DDR3 RAM and depending on its FSB it may be slower in some regards than the i7. However, I'm assuming the i7 listed is a laptop platform, just save yourself some hassle and get a desktop. Better value for money.

The two systems in question are:

http://www.technoworld.com/Sony_Vaio_F12S1E-B_Laptop/61280/product.aspx

(I can get this laptop for £450 where I currently work)

The quad core processor, im not 100% on what model it is, I cant remember, but searching on google the only model that comes up is INTEL Core 2 Quad Q8300. The computer also has 4gb of ram, and I cannot remember what graphics card

The laptop goes up to 2.93ghz, however, you'll be parting with a fair bit of cash for some pretty old hardware that wasn't all that great to start off with. Lowest level DDR3 RAM and a poor graphics card that isn't DX11. Unless a laptop is essential look at desktop alternatives.

don't make the GHz speed a factor, I7 is faster in general, if you look to above chart, you will see that core du0 3.33GHZ is 2 time slower than 2.6GHZ i7 which is even better than quad 3GHz

it will not effect 3d game that much .. but will effect calculations, remember 3d rendering is mainly about calculations, so is kind the same indication for both, i think the difference will be much visible if you picked big DB.

reading more it seem ur Intel core 2 quad 2.5ghz will do 39K compared to around 43K for above I7 in the index for instructions per second. that is about 9% speed wise.

if u pick small / average DB, i don't think you will notice big difference tbh, but if you pick bigger Db, you will have 9 seconds instead of 10 or 18-19 seconds instead of 20. is up to you to feel if it worth it or not. sadly the difference could had been bigger if you pickd higher spec I7, but it really expensive

Guest markyosullivan
look here

for example in photoshop, I7 is flying almost double of time,

19893.png

and that is for 3D max, which is same requirement to run 3D games

19898.png

I never know how to work out which is a good processor and which is a bad processor. :( All I know is that my current one is slow. :(

Archived