Dilemma!!

Started a career game (=unemployed), my first job was with Braga in Portugal. Been with them 2.5 years now, and managed to win the Portuguese Cup with them, but missed out on CL for both years I have been wiht them. Finances are dire to say the least, and big teams keep circling my top players (I set reasonably high prices, which seems to be keeping them at bay for now).

This week, Italy has been in turmoil - Napoli, Roma and Juventus have all sacked their managers, and I have been offered all these jobs!! Napoli and Roma are in the relegation spots, and Juventus are in 10th.

My dilemma is - I am currently on top in the Portugueuse league (albeit equal on points with Sporting), and I have an amazingly talented squad (Kadlec, J dos Santos, Pirlo, and 6 regens with 4 stars or more) that may just be able to do it this season.

So I am sure everyone else has been in this situation - do you go for glory, or do you stick with something that may become amazing or could end up in tears?

I would personally go for as much success as you could with your current team. Take it as far as you think you can take it before moving on to someone else. Try going for glory and winning as much as you can with Braga. If their finances are as bad as you say they are and the vultures are circling your team, then that would add to the challenges as well I would think.

I am managing Celtic and while I don't think I'd ever leave them for another position, if I brought as much success to the club as I could i.e. winning the league AND the Champions League, I would MAYBE move on, but looking at it right now, I very much doubt I would move to a different team.

In the end it's all up to what YOU would do. Would you be a Sir Alex Ferguson and stay with the club for more than 25 years, determined to bringing as much success to the team as possible, or would you be more of a Steve Bruce who's managed 6 clubs in the last 12/13 years?

Archived