Absorb Mode - Idea/Proposal

Hello,

I have had this idea for a while and wondered how to contact SI about it. It seems this forum is the best place. Hopefully the moderators on here are quite influencial. - I welcome feedback from other users on here too.

I currently play the iPad version (which I know is quite minimal compared to the full version), but I played FM2010 and ealier on my Mac/PC. As you will all know, recently there has been the ability to choose your experience level (eg, ex-footballer, etc). I have a great idea for future games, where you could 'absorb' the existing manager of a team when you start the game. By this I mean you have the option to become an existing manager (Mourinho/Sir Alex/etc), with their experience/player relationships/reputation. With the managers mentioned it could make the game easier in a way, but it would add a new dynamic to player signings/board interaction/media/etc instead of having to build it up (I know some of the fun of the game is building up this reputation, but it would be optional, so if you don't like it you don't have to use it. But I bet most people would like to try it out).

Taking it to the next level the same could apply for recently retired players (Paul Scholes comes to mind although he is unlikely to go into management). Perhaps you could 'absorb' a recently retired player, keeping their relationships and reputation from before management, and take them into management.

Please let me know your thoughts. I am quite confident this would be an interesting addition to the game.

Sorry don't like the sound of this personally, can't see what it would add to the game personally. Having said that i'm more interested in actual tactical side of the game really, maybe some will like the idea, I would just prefer they spent the time elsewhere in game.

You do a very good Dragons Den pitch. Well thought-out.

But let me tell you where I stand.

For me, it's a no. Most of the fun of FM is being yourself. Starting out from scratch and forcing your influence onto the game. Not sure what being Sir Alex will help you gain. It won't mean you'll win more games.

You can already start off with whatever reputation you desire. Relationships don't have an great deal of effect on anything.

If you're desperate to be Sir Alex - you can create a profile in his name, with his picture, at Man Utd, using FMRTE to create these "relationship" you need. Sorted! Only thing missing is the history.

Your confidence is misplaced :)

You do a very good Dragons Den pitch. Well thought-out.

But let me tell you where I stand.

For me, it's a no. Most of the fun of FM is being yourself. Starting out from scratch and forcing your influence onto the game. Not sure what being Sir Alex will help you gain. It won't mean you'll win more games.

You can already start off with whatever reputation you desire. Relationships don't have an great deal of effect on anything.

If you're desperate to be Sir Alex - you can create a profile in his name, with his picture, at Man Utd, using FMRTE to create these "relationship" you need. Sorted! Only thing missing is the history.

Your confidence is misplaced :)

9_bannatyne.jpg?maxWidth=600

Do you have a patent on it?

I'm in the minority. I like this idea. I'm prepared to offer you about fifty pence for 20% of it. ;)

Seriously, I do like it. I hate the fact that another managers who could have been doing very well have to be displaced when I add a manager.

As an OPTION, it's a decent suggestion. I don't see why people object to extra options. It's as if they think the game is made for them and only them.

I too wouldn't use it since I like to take non-league teams from the bottom to the slightly-higher-than-bottom.

I do not see why people would not want this in the game, I would not use it myself but it would be an option. If you do not want to use it then don't simple.
As an OPTION, it's a decent suggestion. I don't see why people object to extra options. It's as if they think the game is made for them and only them.

I too wouldn't use it since I like to take non-league teams from the bottom to the slightly-higher-than-bottom.

People object to options they aren't keen on as they would take up development time that could be spent on other areas of the game.

Guest markyosullivan

Well the only people who I could see doing this would be real life managers. Eg if I was managing a club in real life and I would like to continue as myself at my club without losing the favoured personel, or maybe without losing the 'Icon'/ ' Legend' / 'Favoured Personel' title from the fans.

People object to options they aren't keen on as they would take up development time that could be spent on other areas of the game.

I am not sure how long it would take but I seriously doubt adding this would slow down the development of other areas of the game.

option at the start of the game:

start career as a new manager, or take over as an existing manager

i think it's an option worth having

Exactly. I can't understand what all this extra coding nonsense is about. Mourinho is already in the game - take over his persona and attributes. Simple.

I came on here to suggest the same thing... so i'm totally for this idea. I use the editor to enter players into the game (obviously with massive potential), when their playing careers are over id like to keep them going by controlling them. This would certainly be a very simple addition to the game.

I wouldn't mind this idea, I'd also like to be able to enter a history for the manager I am creating as well.

As in teams played for and for how many seasons, goals etc etc.

Or if I was a youth coach somewhere.

I wouldn't mind this idea, I'd also like to be able to enter a history for the manager I am creating as well.

As in teams played for and for how many seasons, goals etc etc.

Or if I was a youth coach somewhere.

Good call. I would do that. In my current save I'm English with Cambodian as a second nationality. I made myself an ex-international, my intention being that I played for Cambodia, which would count for naff all in England. As a result my starting reputation is too high giving me a bit of an easy ride. I'd like to be able to control my backstory more.

Archived