[iPhone] Retirement

Couple of things about retirement:

1. The retirement screen is really disappointing... I expected more after playing for 30 seasons!

2. In my game, I have started playing in Brazil, running three European leagues in background. Throughout the game I moved into Europe, and finished the 30th season at R. Madrid. After the retirement, I found it quite odd that I could still apply to manage Brazilian clubs. And international teams too! So, I managed to play more half a season back home, and retired (again) in January, 2041. With the same disappointing screen.

I know that this is due to the difference in calendars, though :)

1. The retirement screen is really disappointing... I expected more after playing for 30 seasons!

This is a valid point and it would be nice to at least expand upon what's there. Which message was it that appeared for you?

2. In my game, I have started playing in Brazil, running three European leagues in background. Throughout the game I moved into Europe, and finished the 30th season at R. Madrid. After the retirement, I found it quite odd that I could still apply to manage Brazilian clubs. And international teams too! So, I managed to play more half a season back home, and retired (again) in January, 2041. With the same disappointing screen.

This is something that we know about. The first 'Retirement' is false and you are then able to get a new job and yes it is because of the Brazilian calendar continuing until January.

• SI Staff
ha ha, that's cool man how about you invite me over sometime. No but seriously I agree with you it's disapointing, It'd be fun for more details but oh well.

As some point I'll try and enhance that side of things a bit - the problem is we've only limited time for development and in truth I tend to try and spend that mainly on things which the majority of users will notice and enjoy (and only a small percentage of all players actually reach the 'end page') ....

What do you reckon as a possible retirement screen?

[manager name] announces retirement

The football world paid tribute to the wonderful work of [manager name] following his decision to retire from football.

Fellow managers, players and fans were left stunned as news surfaced that [managers name] had decided to quit the game after a career spanning 30 years.

Although [manager name] has decided to retire from football management, it is unlikely he will walk away completely from the game as rumours suggest he is about to take on a lucrative TV deal that will see him on the panel of a popular football TV highlights show.

When asked by a reporter on whether he would go through the whole experience again, [manager name] replied.. 'definitely'.

It would then be good if on another screen you could see an overall summary of your achievements such as:

How many cups/leagues etc

biggest win

biggest loss

most played player

Manager points and where that places you on the all time list against real life managers.

Archived