Is my save "broken"

i am playing a middlesborough save patched to 11.3 although started with 11.1 database back in November. I got to the premier league the first year. Made the Europa league the first five years with my attendance slowly growing so the board agreed to expand the statium to ~42000 in 2015. After two years of nearly all sell out games they agree to build a new stadium.

I got a progress bar showing that they were planning the stadium. After a year, the bar disappeared and was replace with a new building the stadium progress bar that was four years long, with the first year filled. Beneath the bar it still indicated that they were planning. After three years in 2020, the progress bar disappeared and nothing has happened since. The build new grounds board interaction option is still grey out and it says the item is being actioned (or words to that effect).

Where is my new stadium? Is the game bugged so that it will never be built and I can never ask for it again?

perhaps I wasn't clear. I have waited through three off seasons already.

Can you tell me a timeline of events?

i.e. [in Month/Year format]

10/12 - Board start planning new facilities

1/13 - Board finish "planning" yet it doesn't mention it

6/13 - Board announce that work will begin

11/13 - Should have finished but didn't

etc.

Can you tell me a timeline of events?

i.e. [in Month/Year format]

10/12 - Board start planning new facilities

1/13 - Board finish "planning" yet it doesn't mention it

6/13 - Board announce that work will begin

11/13 - Should have finished but didn't

etc.

I can give you the approximate dates.

6/15 Board starts stadium expansion

12/15 Stadium expansion complete

6/17 Board agrees to plan new stadium progress bar starts

6/18 No announcement but with month left on progress bar it disappears and new four year progress bar appears with one year filled in.

6/20 With progress bar 3/4 filled it disappears with no announcement and no new progress bar

10/23 No further developments as of this date (the current date)

Hmmm... Go to your information tab and go to facilities and see if it says anything about your stadium. Usually building a stadium doesn't even show up on the board screen. It may say that you have a stadium being built to be finished on some date in there.

Tell me what you see on that screen.

Hmmm... Go to your information tab and go to facilities and see if it says anything about your stadium. Usually building a stadium doesn't even show up on the board screen. It may say that you have a stadium being built to be finished on some date in there.

Tell me what you see on that screen.

All it mentions is my current 42050 all-seater stadium built in 1995 and in very good condition.

On the board request status section of my board screen it shows my youth recruitment network completion bar which is all filled in because it completed in June 2023. And when I put my mouse over the grayed out "Build new ground" option it says "Board request is currently being actioned." It has said this for more than six years now.

Yep, it's probably broken then. Hopefully one of the friendly SI staff can give you some better information on this.

I think SI need to have a good long look at Board Actions for FM12 because there are a few bugs like this. Just normally giving them a season or two resolves them.

Oh well. I really would like a larger stadium but not having the extra money does make the game more challenging so that is ok too. Or maybe I will declare victory and start a new save. But I have so many good young players I want to see develop.

• Administrators

Yeah we're aware of the board actions being a bit screwy - mostly they are display issues which show incorrect completion dates which is why it seems things just don't get built and disappear. It'll certainly be looked into for any future version.

Yeah we're aware of the board actions being a bit screwy - mostly they are display issues which show incorrect completion dates which is why it seems things just don't get built and disappear. It'll certainly be looked into for any future version.

Does this mean that my stadium may still get built or does three plus years of nothing mean that it will never happen.

Archived