Should there be more board interaction with regards to decisions?

Playing as a part-time first division team in the Irish League and I get promoted so decide that I really could have some of my better, younger players go full time and start offering them contracts.

Then I realise that if I want to do that I really should sign another coach and find one with good stats that will come to me (never knew so many unemployed coaches would rather turn down work than move to Ireland) and try to sign him. He says yes, board says no.

Now, looking at my other coaches, one is really not good (he came with the club) but his contract expires at the end of the season and I won't be signing him again. Of course, by the time his contract is up, this other guy has signed for someone else and I'm back to looking for a decent coach who will sign for me.

If on the news / inbox item that says "the board has decided another coach isn't needed" (or whatever it says) there was an option to talk to the board and say "I won't be re-sigining coach B" and then the option to offer him a new contract is taken away or equally, just to talk to the board to explain you really need the extra coach would be a great help.

Right now, it's just you make a decision regarding your backroom staff, the board says no, that's the end of it. It's not like that in real life and is one of many little touches that could improve the believability of the game even more.

Archived