Feeder Club Benefit

Are there any benefits to obtaining a feeder club? In my current save I have just gotten promoted from League 1 to the Championship a couple minute ago. In planning for the offseason I thought maybe I should look into a feeder. I know with that I can send players down to them on loan but does that effect how well they train? For example this season I had a couple young players I signed for emergency depth and possibly if they pan out into the team in 2 years or so. They played pretty much all reserve except for 1 or 2 matches when hey had to go in due to injuries. I tried to loan them out but nobody took them when offering to clubs. Would it have been better to have them on a Feeder club?

Long and short is Im just wondering if there are any benefits I dont know about with feeder clubs. Seems all the big clubs have them and this is the first time Ive managed to get BSN/S club this high.

I've never used them... I suspect it's worth having them to send them on loan but in my view there's no point having your players at a feeder club if they aren't getting played. So really you'd need a feeder club for each level of football that your youngsters/reserves are good enough to play in. Then you can offload at will and usually see them in the first team more often.

I'm sure someone has a better answer though.

I am a feeder club and it's a useful thing to be as I can loan players who would otherwise never sign for me either actually or on loan by themselves.

I also have a feeder club but they're not in a league I can turn on so I don't send anyone there as no actual games are played. The only person I've ever sent there was a one star 33 year old I was finished with who didn't like my up and coming superstar but wouldn't take mutual termination.

I tend to use them sparingly as i've found that sending a player to that club loses the time from his "Home-Grown" status he might otherwise have gained whilst staying at you.

Great to have the experience on loan, but he won't gain the HG status for the Champions League if you keep farming the kid out and he doesn't spend enough time at his home club. I barely had enough time left to get 2 of my top kids as HG players once i realised that all the loan time spent in Strasbourg (my feeder club) didn't count towards their HG status at Barcelona.

I've also loaned players back to myself as AC Milan that started at Milan but were sold to other teams before i took over. 1 of these players then gained enough time to be counted as a HG Milan player, despite only being at loan with me.

Archived