Sale of Star Player

My "best" player unfortunately doesn't fit in my long-term strategy and tactics so I'm looking to sell him.

What do you reckon is the best way tying to sell him in order to cash as much as possible?

Dont transfer list him, just offer him out. If he's valued at around £15m offer him for around £35-40m. If he's young, roughly 21 or under, I always include a 50% of next transfer clause aswell. If all the clubs come in with what you ask for, chances are you will get more for him. If you offer him for more than they will pay, you will notice that practically all the clubs will offer exactly the same sum. This means you will get no more for this player. You then look through all the offers to see which clubs are paying all upfront and accept them.

Re-train him to another position. Or offer him to other clubs for 6 times his value. If no one bids then at least clubs know about him.

But it's easier to give you advice if you tell what level you're playing at...

I have some unbelievably good, young strikers, however they are going at face value as they are not getting played. Fact of the matter is they need to be on form and playing to go for the maximum fee. Otherwise I would say the best you will get is 5mil over face value, if your lucky.

I'm playing in the German Bundesliga with Borussia Mönchengladbach and the player is Juan Arango, 30 years old and currently valued at CHF 5.75 M. I don't know the equivalent of this value as I'm not haveing the game to hand.

I tried to sell him for close to 10 M but no chance.

Would you just allow him to leave for his valued price rather than keep him or would you wait for a big offer to come in?

Haha..someone give me advice on how to get rid of sturridge? I offered him for 1mill..i'm sunderland

no offers

no loan offers

"determined to prove his worth"

wages 41 grand a week

AC Milan signed him for free on my save in 2016 and sold him the next season for £11 million to Roma.

I signed Manuel Neuer on a free. Loaned him to Bayern Munich for a year then sold him for £28m. Nice little profit.

It can be a good way to make a profit, I signed Neymar for free and rejected a £42 million bid from Barcelona 6 months after signing him mainly because I could not get a replacement in that was half as good.

It can be a good way to make a profit, I signed Neymar for free and rejected a £42 million bid from Barcelona 6 months after signing him mainly because I could not get a replacement in that was half as good.

I intended on keeping him but when he came on a free, I got my youth intake and had an insane regen keeper. As I already had Rene Adler, I loaned out Neuer for around £3m (i think) for the season and put my regen on the bench. In that year, my 16 year old regen almost immediately started playing for England U21's and by the end of the season was capped for England. When Neuer returned there was no contest really.

Archived