FM transfer not very accurate

Okay so just a suggestion here..FM may be TOO accurate with transfers and evaluating players prices

You would never see Andy Carroll get sold for £35 Mil in the game

Chelsea wouldnt put in £50 mil bid for torres

Henderson wouldnt be linked with a £28 mil move.

Although theese players are overpriced irl, FM should do the same, no?? Even if they are not worth certain prices, on fm why are the transfer offers so low?

They're not, it's just that the examples you've picked out didn't happen in your save.

I think £46m for Pastore is too much, but my copy of the game went for it. Same for German Pacheco being £36m and Marko Marin being £35m.

FM does have high transfer offers, just not often the same ones as in reality.

Hmmm yeah I suppose your right that there is some big signings too, but I think it could be improved a bit? Like Young English players being sold for a few mil more? I support Sunderland and irl DB was sold to Villa for 18, in my save, bent scored 38 goals in two seasons, and I could only sell him on to chelsea for £9 mill ( I got rid of him at any price, cos of real life :p) but I was never approached for him, and say a club did approach him, I would say 15 mil, (fair price) guarenteed they would not pursue the intrest which i feel is a problem. He is worth 15 mill at least but say a club didnt want to sign him for my initial request, they could say I dont want him for 15 mil but we will buy for 13, rather than just saying we are no longer intrested?

Not sure if this already happens in the game but players prices should also go up 10-20% in january?

Also, how can I have no offers at all for some players? I offered clubs daniel sturridge for 1Million, not one club wants him as a transfer, or even on loan even though I will pay the wages? Surely this would not happen in real life, i'm sure a championship team would put a bid in for a player who has been trained at 2 of the best clubs in england and played a season for a mid table epl team? haha.

The one thing that's missing which may be effecting this imo is the lack of urgency during the transfer window.

As the end of the window approaches, managers should get more and more desperate in an attempt to bring in their targets - that's the only way something like the Andy Carroll transfer will work its way into FM.

The one thing that's missing which may be effecting this imo is the lack of urgency during the transfer window.

As the end of the window approaches, managers should get more and more desperate in an attempt to bring in their targets - that's the only way something like the Andy Carroll transfer will work its way into FM.

There is a lack of activity in general on transfer deadline day. There should be a lot more transfers going on, which have a domino effect.

^ Agreed. Will FM improve on this next year? Really hope so. Another good feature might be a "Transfer Centre" page, that showed all transfers in the window similar to what Sky Sports do..like this

Arsenal

In:___

Out:___

Rather than just showing the transfers in the news feed as they happen?

^ Agreed. Will FM improve on this next year? Really hope so. Another good feature might be a "Transfer Centre" page, that showed all transfers in the window similar to what Sky Sports do..like this

Arsenal

In:___

Out:___

Rather than just showing the transfers in the news feed as they happen?

Surely you can already do that?

Club > Transfers > History

Then keep scrolling through the clubs with the arrows.

Surely you can already do that?

Club > Transfers > History

Then keep scrolling through the clubs with the arrows.

Doing that 20 times, or my idea with one click that shows all activity in this window, wouldnt be too difficult to do and would just be an easier way of finding out whats gone on in the window :)

Barcelona paid £84M for Pato when his value was at around £28M

ManU paid £54M for Paulo Henrique when his value was £26M

Man City bought Eden Hazzard from my Spurs team for £38.5M when his value was £17.5M

It does happen..at least on my game it does.

I agree, some clubs should just have totally random offers like that. But it can potentially make the game too easy. Also whilst on the subject, championship players are way OVER PRICED. Most of them are valued below 1million, but the transfer of an average player can often rise to a million or millions even. Which just isnt realistic.

Barcelona and Real Madrid have spent loads on my game.

R. Madrid - £49m for Neymar, £48m for Henrique

Barcelona - £65m for Sanchez, and bid £55m for Hazard (but I rejected them).

I think there was a 54mil transfer on my game, which is fine, but the player moved just 6 months before for about 18mil and has hardly played since (and certainly hasn't impressed). Yet there are plenty of players that nobody wants. There doesn't seem to be much sense in transfers at all.

What concerns me is the AI treats each other differently to how it sees the human player. I made several 8 mil offers for a player, refused. 2 months later they let him go for 3 mil to another AI team. I've never had a big offer for any of my players, despite being dominant and not offering high wages - but I see plenty of relatively big AI transfers. I barely get enquiries, never followed up unless I ask for market value (although I can offer players out and sometimes get the same or better offer that they just refused). I just think the AI should be a bit more desperate to get my players - but at the same time I've had constant interest in one player for 3 years, every week in transfer window times I get an offer(of market value), despite telling them I want far more than that for him.

*sighs* Artificial intelligence, but nothing intelligent about it.

One thing i still feel it needs a little tweak is the amount of money that AI teams are willing to pay for players from human teams. In all my saves with FM2011, i've seen AI team buying players from others aI teams, paying 3 or 4 times more the value. But when AI teams are trying to buy a player from a human team it's very rare for them to bid above 2 times the sale value.

In my current save, i'm managing Benfica. I bought Paulo Henrique (ganso) for 20M from Santos. His my top player. With 23 yo, his value is now 24,5M, and i have Barcelona, R Madrid, Chelsea, Man United and Man City always asking for is sale value. So far the better offer i got was 36M from Barcelona.

But in others save that i play, i remember seeing Paulo Henrique beeing sale for 60 or 70M beetwen AI teams.

It's like the transfers system as different criteria a human team is involved or sales are only between AI teams. Do you notice this too?

The way AI teams rarely make a bid of even transfer value for a human managers player is really bugging me now. I started a game with leeds and sold everybody off to make an all scottish team.

I cant sell Kasper schmeichel, luciano becchio, Jonny Howson or Robert Snodgrass for £1, i get no offers. Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Arsenal do want to loan Schmeichel though, so at least theres a hint of realism there.....

11.3 may not be perfect, but it's a huge improvement on the earlier patches. I remember in 11.1 the transfer system was an absolute joke!!! Messi and Ronaldo wanted to leave RM and Barca after 1 season and they were easily bought for under 30m. :rolleyes: 11.2 was better, but contracts were ridiculous with player demands and they would take WEEKS to decide.

11.3 may not be perfect, but it's a huge improvement on the earlier patches. I remember in 11.1 the transfer system was an absolute joke!!! Messi and Ronaldo wanted to leave RM and Barca after 1 season and they were easily bought for under 30m. :rolleyes: 11.2 was better, but contracts were ridiculous with player demands and they would take WEEKS to decide.

transferss.jpg

If you start with I think the Portuguese league starting date you can buy some Barcelona stars cheap.

All on 11.3 just select Portugal as a view only league and your start date to Portugal and you can sign them cheap. It is an exploit/cheat but I was just having fun with Man City and their millions.

in a save i made with Napoli, i start with June date, instead of the july date from italian serie A. I did this because i would get one extra month to prepare my team. But i did in fact notice that it's easier to buy players in this situation. Somehow the AI teams get a little numb in the transfer market until july (because an italian save should begun in july).

Hope SI fixed this for FM2012.

I do feel a bit guilty that I can sign Coentrao for under 10m in the first window, even though in real life he is linked with 25m+ moves. It was the same with another Benfica player, Di Maria, last year.

But thats kindy normal! Playing with Benfica in my 3 season i sign Pato from Milan (free transfer). IRL that would never... never... NEVER would happen!

Archived