Polish characters with English language.

I speak a little Polish, but by no means enough to play the game comfortably. I understand the noises of the alphabet however and when English language is selected the special characters disappear (i.e ł,ż,ź,ą,ę,ó). I know it's only a minor thing - and to a large extent I can guess - but these characters do affect pronunciation of names.

Is there any way to include Polish characters while maintaining English as the language? Any help is appreciated.

I speak a little Polish, but by no means enough to play the game comfortably. I understand the noises of the alphabet however and when English language is selected the special characters disappear (i.e ł,ż,ź,ą,ę,ó). I know it's only a minor thing - and to a large extent I can guess - but these characters do affect pronunciation of names.

Is there any way to include Polish characters while maintaining English as the language? Any help is appreciated.

Not as far as I know.

The only reason they do it is because if you put names in with the original polish spelling then it makes it very difficult to search for players by name, so they change the name to the english spelling of it.

Not as far as I know.

The only reason they do it is because if you put names in with the original polish spelling then it makes it very difficult to search for players by name, so they change the name to the english spelling of it.

I pretty sure this isn't true. For example if Polish is the language is the one selected and you search 'Slask Wroclaw' you'll get Śląsk Wrocław, search Lodz and you'll get Widzew (Łódz). Besides the game already contains characters from other languages if English is selected, such as German (e.g. Stefan Kießling, Thomas Müller) and managed to have no problem with them in the search engine (i.e. ss for ß and u for ü).

I can't understand why the game would include characters from one language in English, but not characters from another. The effect on pronunciaition is probably more pronounced with Polish characters. And whilst i understand that in English we write, for example, Wrocław as Wroclaw, we also write Munich - but search Munich in the game and you'll get nothing, it's down as München.

It just seems a bit odd is all.

Archived