Hi, I'm new to football manager and have read a lot on these forums about regens..

I was just wonderig if anyone could tell me in which year do regens start to come into the gamee?

Is it straight away or do you have to play a few seasons first?

Thanks,:D

01.01: Chile

02.01: Brazil

05.01: Iceland, Republic of Ireland

07.01: Finland

10.01: Colombia

15.01: Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Cameroon, Senegal, Nigeria, Egypt

20.01: China PR, Norway

28.01: Peru

14.02: Belarus

09.05: Costa Rica

10.05: Honduras, Jamaica

07.06: Bosnia & Herzeg., Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro

20.06: Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Swiss, Turkey, Ukraine

25.06: Austria, England

29.06: Slovakia

30.06: Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Italy, Portugal, Romania

01.07: Argentina, Slovenia

07.07: Denmark, Netherlands

10.07: Serbia, Spain

20.07: Mexico

29.07: Poland

01.08: Uruguay

19.09: Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela

01.12: Sweden, Hong Kong

06.12: Australia

09.12: Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, U.A.E, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Macau

27.12: Russia, Sth Korea, U.S.A

Guest markyosullivan
01.01: Chile

02.01: Brazil

05.01: Iceland, Republic of Ireland

07.01: Finland

10.01: Colombia

15.01: Ivory Coast, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Cameroon, Senegal, Nigeria, Egypt

20.01: China PR, Norway

28.01: Peru

14.02: Belarus

09.05: Costa Rica

10.05: Honduras, Jamaica

07.06: Bosnia & Herzeg., Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro

20.06: Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Swiss, Turkey, Ukraine

25.06: Austria, England

29.06: Slovakia

30.06: Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Italy, Portugal, Romania

01.07: Argentina, Slovenia

07.07: Denmark, Netherlands

10.07: Serbia, Spain

20.07: Mexico

29.07: Poland

01.08: Uruguay

19.09: Bolivia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Venezuela

01.12: Sweden, Hong Kong

06.12: Australia

09.12: Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkmenistan, U.A.E, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Macau

27.12: Russia, Sth Korea, U.S.A

That's a good list. Someone needs to post it up so everyone can see it.

Since I don't want to open a new thread, I will post here.

I just have a question regarding the new way of generation of regens in FM11. Apparently this year things are different and new players just come to replace old ones. Hence, one cannot really expect to get good newcomers from countries which do not currently have a strong national team.

So, say my game is in Greece with Panathinaikos and I wonder is there any way I can improve the chances of new Greek players comin out with better attributes? For example increase Greece's world ranking as a national team or increase the national league's reputation or something else? Or I won't really make any difference?

Thanks in advance for your help.

...one cannot really expect to get good newcomers from countries which do not currently have a strong national team...

I'll have to disagree with that one - in my game some of the best players around are from small countries (Burkina Faso, Barbados, Gabon, Albania, Gambia, etc.). I believe it to be fairly random.

Having said that, the better your training/youth facilities and youth network - the better your chances of producing better quality Greek players.

I've played 7 years in Greece, I have the best youth recruitment and I have yet to see any good (or even average) regen comming out from my academy. As you said you may get to see one or two top players from small countries but the only countries who produce a proper number of good regens are the ones with current strong national teams.

So my question still stands.

I've played 7 years in Greece, I have the best youth recruitment and I have yet to see any good (or even average) regen comming out from my academy. As you said you may get to see one or two top players from small countries but the only countries who produce a proper number of good regens are the ones with current strong national teams.

So my question still stands.

This is largely true in reality, no? Greece haven't really produced that many good (on the world scale) players in the last decade or so. With DLR, eventually the reputation of the Greek leagues will increase and eventually the quality will increase across the board, with the odd good player or so.

Yeah I know this is true in reality, but since we are talking about a game here, I would like to see some progress over the years, especially if you do really good with your team and/or increase your league's reputation, national team's world ranking etc. So what you say is that as soon as you increase the league's reputation better regens will pop out?

Like I really want to know if anyone has seen this actually happen.

It's a strange one to figure out.

In theory - it sounds ridiculous. ie. how can the stature of a national team or league affect the skills people are born with?

But we know this is just a game, and these factors might go hand-in-hand. Should we suspend our disbelief? If you win a World Cup with Andorra, should we see lots of awesome Andorrans in the future?

Things happen in cycles sometimes. The Welsh national team have been pants for 10 years, but have developed a good core of youngsters lately and should be a tidy little team in a few years.

It's not just the skills your are born with that matter. Socio-econo-political reasons can play a major role. For example in Greece no one takes becoming a footballer a serious decision. Every single kid has to go to uni even if it's the worst in the whole world. Same thing was the case with basketballl till the mid 80's. Then a Greek-American guy showed up and took one of our teams to the top level by himself. Next thing you know half my classmates are on basketball teams by the age of 6 and right now Greece has one of the top-3 basketball national teams in the world.

So I believe this answers your previous statements. Still, all this is kind of off-topic to be honest and again I would really appreciate if someone could give me some proper feedback regarding my initial question for the actual game. Thank you.

It's not just the skills your are born with that matter. Socio-econo-political reasons can play a major role. For example in Greece no one takes becoming a footballer a serious decision. Every single kid has to go to uni even if it's the worst in the whole world. Same thing was the case with basketballl till the mid 80's. Then a Greek-American guy showed up and took one of our teams to the top level by himself. Next thing you know half my classmates are on basketball teams by the age of 6 and right now Greece has one of the top-3 basketball national teams in the world.

So I believe this answers your previous statements. Still, all this is kind of off-topic to be honest and again I would really appreciate if someone could give me some proper feedback regarding my initial question for the actual game. Thank you.

I've already answered that - with Dynamic League Reputation (DLR), if the league's teams start doing well in Europe, then their reputation will increase, which leads to increased interest in the league, increased prize money and television revenue and hopefully improved training and youth facilities across the whole league, leading to a better national team overall and increasing the chance that very good players are found.

But this takes time - look at Russia and Belgium for example - potentially a lot of very good players, but both nations have had to wait for over a decade for the investment and interest to trickle down.

Archived