Is there a way to find out what's bottlenecking my FM - CPU or RAM

Is there some sort of program or test I could run to find out whether it's my CPU or my RAM bottlenecking the game? I'm asking because I'm running a game for the Career Updates forum which I'd like to continue, but I've loaded too many leagues and the processing between matches is becoming too slow. I'd like to know for certain whether I can just buy RAM and it'd improve things noticeably, or if it'd be a waste of time (and money).

My specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 (3.0GHz)

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800MHz CL5

:(

Can't do DDR3 since my motherboard doesn't support it.

I'm a bit surprised that the game has been sluggish though, because while my system isn't top class anymore, it's not exactly slow? Here's the leagues I have running:

Loaded leagues: Argentina (tier 1), Czech Republic (tier 1), England (tier 6), France (4), Germany (3), Italy (4), Japan (1), Mexico (1), Netherlands (2), Portugal (3), Russia (1), Scotland (4), Spain (3), Ukraine (1), Uruguay (1). Plus a lot of view-only leagues.

Total players: 75000. Medium database + retaining all players from top clubs all continents + retaining all current international players from all continents.

I've seen people running more than this and not complaining. I assume to run a setup like this without worries you'd need something like an Intel I7 CPU then?

Is it the view-only leagues, I thought they were almost meaningless in terms of processing power they consume?

Well I have an AMD phenom II X3 720 black, with 1300 MHz 4GB RAM, and once i loaded every nation every league 125,000+ players. Well it was slow but I knew it from the beginning, I just wanted to simulate real opponents in Europe as well.

Eventually you have to make compromises. We have better and better Hardware but some softwares are behind. Not saying that FM is bad in proccessing. Quite the opposite this years edition is the best yet.

An I7 may run it faster but after a while it to will slow down, thats just inevitable. The more you play the more data is generated.

I've tried shutting off my anti-virus all together: no difference. Also seriously doubt I've got spyware or anything else in the background that would consume any relevant amount of processing cycles, but I can try to shut everything down to see what happens.

Archived